Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cuts out (Read 89 times)
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
cuts out
06/28/09 at 19:16:23

the bike 2003 savage has cut out on me acting almost as if it has ran out of gas couple times now when getting up to 60+ on the highway...
i turn to reserve and comes back after spitting ...... get to gas station to fill up thinking i am almost outta gas and find tank is still full of gas?

does this sound like trash in the line/carb?

Hang up that cell phone and let us that Ride LiVE....~!~

standingbearz   IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Re: cuts out
Reply #1 - 06/28/09 at 19:31:45

Sounds like it could be a wonky petcoxk valve. Many threads cover this.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #2 - 06/28/09 at 20:27:49

yeah this is what i was wondering also...

i think i am going to try to change out the vac hose first and if that dont work i will have no choice but to change petcock..

i see the postings on the yamaha raptor petcock also that might be a option as well?

thanks for the help...

Hang up that cell phone and let us that Ride LiVE....~!~

standingbearz   IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/28/09 at 23:11:57

raptor 660 petcock is the way to go. About $25 as opposed to (i think) $60 for the stock petcock plus it makes getting your tank off easy as all get out and theres no vac line to worry about. Just remember to plug up the vac nozzle on the carb with a little screw and some liquid gasket and remember to turn it off incase you have a float problem. Your reserve capacity will change slightly. I get 2.4 US gal before reserve as opposed to 2.3 with the stock petcock. Reports on reserve capacity seem to vary. Maybe a model year difference.

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #4 - 07/05/09 at 21:52:49

BurnPgh wrote on 06/28/09 at 23:11:57:
.....Just remember to plug up the vac nozzle on the carb with a little screw and some liquid gasket....

Or, if you're a cheap scrounger like me, you can just shorten the existing vacuum line, put some silicone sealant inside it, fold it over and hold it folded with two small zip-ties, and clamp it back into place on the carb vacuum port:

IHTH someone!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/05/09 at 22:56:01

digger's is the better idea. easily reversible if you for some reason decide to go back to a stock petcock. Id have to carefully scrape all the liquid gasket off the inside wall of the port.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 02:25:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › cuts out

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.