Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
header wrap installed!! (Read 456 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
header wrap installed!!
06/27/09 at 14:24:54

just put the pipe back on...back to wire wheelin the tank lol

lemmie know what u guys think?

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Re: header wrap installed!!
Reply #1 - 06/27/09 at 17:38:35

might fine job. My looks terrible compared to yours because it fell a little short lol. Then the draw string on my tarp melted on the wrap lol
Push that tie down up towards the cylinder more to clean up the look and turn that srew on it upside down.

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/27/09 at 17:40:35

The heat shield at the footpeg has got to go. Paint it flat or remove it and get washers so that the acorn nuts screw in tight.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #3 - 06/27/09 at 22:48:00

my thoughts exactly brotha! ! if i can just ditch it and put washers i will...but i'm unsure about how much support it offers...what do u think?

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/28/09 at 05:43:30

Rocco wrote on 06/27/09 at 22:48:00:
my thoughts exactly brotha! ! if i can just ditch it and put washers i will...but i'm unsure about how much support it offers...what do u think?

I was gonna do it and go get washers buuuut, my lady had the car and it felt questionable driving the bike because the pedal would be loose with out the washers lol.

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/28/09 at 05:46:01

Honestly, paint that heat shield flat black as well. It looks good on the bike.

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/28/09 at 05:51:46

Here is a pic of mine. Never mind the muffler. It is now fully sanded down and has the brushed metal look with a big blue spot that continues to reappear lol (A Little lean and backfiring) Pop, Pop!!

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/odvelasc/IMAGE_076.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>" alt="" title="" border="0" />

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #7 - 06/28/09 at 09:34:50

bro that looks SWEEET! it looks awesome in black, is the prep the same for chrome? or can i just wire wheel the heck outta it then spray it?

i'm so glad i'm not alone in this "flat black and radiator hose clamp everything" theory!

i am going through backfire withdrawls!

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #8 - 06/28/09 at 13:34:22

Personally, I think it is uglier than a mud fence. Flat black paint, a la KLR 650 it OK. Wrap - ugly.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #9 - 06/28/09 at 20:27:43

well i friggin love the way it looks! each his own my friend.

people ask me all the time "y do u have a graveyard on your arm?"

i like different things then most peope....ask around i enjoy full contact fighting, black and grey tattoos, and more sugar then candy land.

i look @ my bike and smile because i did it myself, and the way I want it

thanks for your opinion though!

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/29/09 at 10:20:46

Rocco wrote on 06/28/09 at 20:27:43:
well i friggin love the way it looks! each his own my friend.

people ask me all the time "y do u have a graveyard on your arm?"

i like different things then most peope....ask around i enjoy full contact fighting, black and grey tattoos, and more sugar then candy land.

i look @ my bike and smile because i did it myself, and the way I want it

thanks for your opinion though!

I sanded my cylinder heads and heat shield with 220 grit I believe. I did it until all shininess was gone. I cured the parts on a baking pan in the oven as per instruction on the rattle can. In terms of my right cylinder head, it started to peel. It was not dry enough before curing. I might redo it. I am too lazy and enjoying riding now that I have time.

IP Logged
Balderdash

Minnesota
Reply #11 - 06/29/09 at 10:36:57

I think the chrome covers on the engine head should come off if you're blacking it out and taping it.  ( I didn't do it to mine but I like it).

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #12 - 06/29/09 at 10:46:16

that may be in order! can i just take them off? or i'll paint em black after i see how hard the muffler support is to paint!

IP Logged
Balderdash

Minnesota
Reply #13 - 06/29/09 at 10:57:47

Rocco wrote on 06/29/09 at 10:46:16:
that may be in order! can i just take them off? or i'll paint em black after i see how hard the muffler support is to paint!

One bolt can't come off the chrome engine cover on the left side unless you remove the head (it's an upside down bolt), you could cut it off through the fins but then you can't replace it later.  

I left my chrome covers off the last time I had the head off to replace the cam chain, I don't have any problems with the covers off less need to take the tank off for regular maintenance now.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #14 - 06/29/09 at 11:05:54

sweet! it might be a little while before i do any more mods...i need to ride so bad it isn't funny!

i may do the brushed look or black....it's up in the air!

also i'm debating whether i should put the punisher logo on the tank or something custom like a dragon.....decisions decisions!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:23:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › header wrap installed!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.