Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
my first bike, some small issues and whatnot (Read 56 times)
TheGreatGazooki
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

my first bike, some small issues and whatnot
06/26/09 at 23:24:18

i just got a 1996 savage as my first bike...i really enjoy riding it...im 5'6" and it fits me very well...but the head gasket is leaking a little which is no biggie and ill fix it...first and second end up a little flat and i think the carb just needs tuned, i have drag pipes and i think its running a little lean so its heating up a bit more than it should at least i think....5th gear sometimes i cant find...and first is hard to get into from neutral, but i just rock the bike back and forth  and it pops in every time,so the bike is quirky, but i used to ride around in a 1950 chevy that was so quirky no one but me could start the thing let alone drive it around. So i have ordered a stage 2 jet kit and im building an adapter for a hypercharger style air cleaner...so the carb bit ill work out and i think first and second will be fine as well as the heat issue...but i wanna check the oil level...but alas no dipstick or sight glass that i can find...any help?

IP Logged
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
Re: my first bike, some small issues and whatnot
Reply #1 - 06/27/09 at 02:15:55

your oil sight glass is below the clutch arm in line with your exhaust pipe you will have go down on your knees to see it, check your oil with the bike level get somebody to hold it or lean it slightly against a wall or post the oil should be in between the two marks on the sight glass,MOST IMPORTANT!! CHECK OIL EVERY TIME BEFORE STARTING!!  .. THE OIL IS THE LIFE BLOOD OF YOUR ENGINE, NO OIL NO ENGINE, DIRTY OIL, NO ENGINE, NOT ENOUGH OIL NO ENGINE, TOO MUCH OIL NO ENGINE.. people spend a fortune on bits and pieces to dress up there bikes, and another fortune on polish, and grudge a few dollars on the most important bit  (( THE OIL!!!,,)) I change my oil every 400 miles and the filter at 800, the old oil I spray underneath my van to keep the rust away,,,YOUR OIL IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON YOUR BIKE!!!!! cheers kenny

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:26:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › my first bike, some small issues and whatnot

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.