Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
header wrap & tank preview! (Read 95 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
header wrap & tank preview!
06/26/09 at 09:54:58

it started raining so i'm forced indoors, the tank wasn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be. i couldn't get the gas to go through any hoses so i dumped it from where u fill it lol i'm special

my header wrap is drying inside since i can't put it back on haha

and my drill had a full charged and just died but i'm liking the way it looks so far....the suspense is KILLING me! i can't w8 to put her back 2gether....lemmie know what u guys think!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Re: header wrap & tank preview!
Reply #1 - 06/26/09 at 09:56:48

also i forgot to ask...since i can't put the header back on right away is it bad if it air dries before i can start her up?

and i heard this weekend is gonna be crappy weather so i'm glad i picked it to do the mods!

AND the freaking flasher relay is the one to the right(if you're sitting on the bike) near the top under the tank right? cuz i need a new one

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/26/09 at 11:26:42

flasher relay is that little black box on the right under the tank, correct. A new thermal relay can be had at advanced auto for about $3. Just curious...If you're taking the tank to bare metal anyway why not use paint stripper first and THEN do the swirling with the wool. That way you dont have to remove all the paint by hand.

IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #3 - 06/26/09 at 11:40:29

Dude looking badass! How difficult was the tank? I need to paint mine but it seems people are having or were having difficulties with it.

It's better if you let it air dry before you start her up. He smell finally went away for me!

WWW diverseclothing   IP Logged
matt_savage

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 06/26/09 at 13:28:39

FWIW, I got some cheap black header wrap off Ebay and it has since turned completely white!  It also will smoke and smell funny for about 50 or so miles til it gets broken in.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #5 - 06/26/09 at 13:42:53

AWESOME! 3 dollars i can do! and i was thinkin about it, but i bought a wire wheel and it's smoothing it out so nice i may not use the steel wool. it's kind of got light scratches but is really smooth....so it's up in the air. if my drill battery lasted as long as i did it would be done now! lol

thanks kevin! u mean to take it off?? mine wasn't too bad, i was really stressin over it! it's easier if u have someone help so u can wiggle while they unhook the lines. i read somewhere not to lose the rubber tank mounts, i didn't know there was a top AND a bottom so watch out for that, they kinda sandwhich in there!

honestly the exhaust was a bigger pain then the tank

and i'd like my wrap to stay black, if it turns oh well....and i don't mind stinky, my friend had a fire bird that the catylic converter went...we called it the "$hit bird" lol

IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #6 - 06/26/09 at 16:40:03

instead of using the clamps, take some copper wire and use it like a twist tie.  looks way better.

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #7 - 06/26/09 at 16:53:39

yeah i was diggin the clamp look, have em on my rear turn signals lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:17:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › header wrap & tank preview!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.