Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how strong a vacuum? (Read 61 times)
oksavage

how strong a vacuum?
06/26/09 at 08:34:21

I have been suffering from symptoms that indicate that my petcock may be failing. Specifically some strange stutters at 55-65mph.  Switching to prime seems to clear them up.  However, I have never found fuel in the vacuum line.  Also, I recently checked the petcock by doing the following:
1.  I unhooked the fuel line from the carb and put the line in an old glass to catch fuel. (petcock is in "on" position)
2.  pulled vacuum line from carb.
3.  Using childs medicine syringe, created vacuum  in line.
4. gas flows out of fuel line into cup.

So is the petcock failing?  or is the line collapsing under the vacuum.  I have screw down hose connectors so it is not the connection on the line.  Any ideas????

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: how strong a vacuum?
Reply #1 - 06/26/09 at 08:56:48

Sounds like the vac line and petcock are O.K.
Replace spark plug, see if the old one is carboned up.
Check float level, and air filter.
If that ain't it, time to go into the carb. Maybe plugged jets/passages or sticky float.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Re: how strong a vacuum?
Reply #2 - 06/26/09 at 16:09:27

I would agree that your petcock is probably fine. However, a really cheap insurance policy is to spend a $1 and go to your local auto parts store and buy a foot of automotive vacuum line. Just swap it out with the stock line. The wall thickness is much greater and if you have a small split or crack in your OEM line it will solve the problem. Here is a comparison of the OEM line on the left and the automotive replacement vaccum line:

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 06:28:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › how strong a vacuum?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.