Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Tire Wear?
Reply #60 - 07/02/09 at 08:18:36

Tire manufacturer's listed tire pressure doesn't account for your bikes size and weight.
The bike manufacturer takes that into account.
Go by the bike manufacturers recommendations....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
gazoo07

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lakeland, FL
Reply #61 - 07/02/09 at 12:17:36

skatnbnc wrote on 07/02/09 at 08:07:45:
so if these guys who added air to my tires are FOS, then i probably should not allow them to change my tires or work on my bike....
I am not sure that I would not allow them to change my tires or work on my bike just because they recomended a different air pressure for my tires but I would certainly check the tire pressure asap after they changed the tire.  Gazoo  www.lubedealer.com/1lube

Enjoy the journey as much as the destination!
Amsoil at wholesale prices! www.lubedealer.com/1lube
  IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #62 - 07/02/09 at 13:07:10

Dunlop says 33 & 36 for our bikes.
http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/fitmentguide_print.asp?fitment_id=621

And, "For high-speed, fully loaded or dual-riding touring motorcycle applications, inflate front tires to maximum recommended by vehicle manufacturer for Dunlop fitment and rear tires to maximum load inflation pressure on sidewall. Rear touring tires must be inflated to a minimum of 36 psi for light to medium loads and 40 psi for dual riding and other loads. Never exceed maximum load indicated on tire sidewall or vehicle capacity load found in owner's manual.

"Underinflated tires can result in imprecise cornering, higher running temperatures, irregular tread wear at the edge of the contact patch, fatigue cracking, overstressing and eventual failure of the tire carcass."
http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/infocenter_tiretips.asp?id=8#tip

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #63 - 07/03/09 at 17:27:26

Right tire pressure is 29 front 33 rear.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #64 - 07/06/09 at 05:25:39

ok i have my new rear tire on now... dunlop k555    i found out  that the brudgestone was rubbing on the front bolts in fender well as told in this thread.. i now know what mods i need to work on while this tire is there b 4 the next one.. thanks everyone

Hang up that cell phone and let us that Ride LiVE....~!~

standingbearz   IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #65 - 07/06/09 at 19:45:58

DocNeedles wrote on 06/29/09 at 18:11:53:
odvelasc wrote on 06/29/09 at 17:25:33:
GrateFuLDad wrote on 06/28/09 at 19:13:06:
after adjusting shocks

the rear is stiff now and i will take my wife for a trip around the block in the morning to make sure they are better for 2up...

maybe this will keep tire from rubbing now? or at least from bottoming out.. i still may have to take it over there and have him realign the tire?

I am getting a new tire tomorrow. According to the stealership a 140 90 15 should fit just fine on my savage beast. The great thing is that these tires are being sold at cost price. 86$CAd plus 50$ installation. That is a steal any where in town. I was told by my other mechanic to take this deal for sure.

I don't believe that price!!!  My buddy who just got a Dunlop 140 90 15 on his Savage paid $170.00 for it.  Is your quote for a Dunlop?
DocNeedles

Yeppers, Dunlop k404. On sale 50% off at the stealership. Best deal around. I had it installed on thursday, and the bike is more stable than with the old worn tire lol. I show up at the shop at 830am thursday, all hung over from Canada day of course, and they tell me their air compressor is not working. They saw my bloodshot eyes and I guess they figured the effort it took to drive 25km after a night on the town so they pumped it by hand and installed it while I went for bacon and eggs and coffee of course. Gratefulad, are you still having problems with your 140 90? Mine works great, even went on a 2hour jaunt with the lady today and no problem. I have my shocks set to the number 4 setting.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 14:42:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tire Wear?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.