Tire Wear? (Read 901 times)
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Re: Tire Wear?
Reply #30 - 06/26/09 at 13:01:29

GrateFuLDad wrote on 06/22/09 at 09:58:07:
I just put new set of tires on my 2003 Ls650 savage back 7 7 08 and have only put maybe 3ooo miles on them...
now the front tire still looks real good but the back tire was getting worn pretty fast and pretty wierd like i thought..  i was going to call the folks i bought them from and installed them this week but last night when riding to the store the back tire starting going flat and i pulled over to see threads in the middle of the tire not on the rim .... i could not believe this..?
Anybody tell me whats going on here...? i mean it looks like i been power breaking it... in which i dont and havent ...

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #31 - 06/26/09 at 13:07:29

"I just put new set of tires on my 2003 Ls650 savage back 7 7 08 and have only put maybe 3ooo miles on them...
now the front tire still looks real good but the back tire was getting worn pretty fast and pretty wierd like i thought..  i was going to call "

my stock 140-80 blew up at just under 4,000 (that was exciting)  - stock front good for 10,000

cheng shin 140-90 was good from 4000 - 11,000 - just replaced with kenda 140-90  we'll see how that does - i thought about going DARKSIDE- but the only little car tire i could find was 145-70-15... kinda small...

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #32 - 06/26/09 at 13:09:18

obviously i don't know how to do this "quote" thing right!
Huh

IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #33 - 06/26/09 at 14:12:37

runwyrlph wrote on 06/26/09 at 13:09:18:
Huh

See the square brackets on your keyboard?  Use the left square bracket, the word quote (not underlined), right square bracket, the material you want in the quote box, left square bracket, /quote (not underlined), and the right square bracket.

!quote!stuff you want in the quote box!/quote!

but with the square brackets, not exclaimation points, at the beginning of each command.  If I used it here it'd make the quote box and the commands wouldn't show.

Or, use the button on the reply screen with the page & arrow and put the stuff you want in the quote box between the bracketed commands.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #34 - 06/26/09 at 15:06:48

PTRider wrote on 06/26/09 at 14:12:37:
runwyrlph wrote on 06/26/09 at 13:09:18:
Huh

See the square brackets on your keyboard?  Use the left square bracket, the word quote (not underlined), right square bracket, the material you want in the quote box, left square bracket, /quote (not underlined), and the right square bracket.

!quote!stuff you want in the quote box!/quote!

but with the square brackets, not exclaimation points, at the beginning of each command.  If I used it here it'd make the quote box and the commands wouldn't show.

Or, use the button on the reply screen with the page & arrow and put the stuff you want in the quote box between the bracketed commands.

Or click the button that says quote on the upper right corner of the post you want to quote.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #35 - 06/26/09 at 15:34:34

Quote:

Lets see if this worked.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #36 - 06/26/09 at 15:35:38

Quote:
Lets see if this worked.

Now I'm dangerous!!!!

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
DocNeedles

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

British Columbia
Reply #37 - 06/26/09 at 20:35:27

A friend of mine has a 2006 Suzuki Savage (or whatever they are called) and had noticed after 6000 km when fixing a flat on the stock IRC that the rubber in the centre of the tire was quite thin and flexible so he went to a Dunlop 90 15,  Seems from all the input that the IRC stock tire is not a very good one.
DocNeedles

IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #38 - 06/28/09 at 16:16:12

ok rode my wife tonight and she weighs only about 120 lbs and i am about 180.... the tire going over bumps sounds to be bottoming out badly but is surely rubbing on the sides for sure... the left side specifically.. so bad that when i got off the bike i touched it there and its melty like..and rubbed badly.. you can hear it rubbing constantly with a low roar going down the road..
i cannot see what it is rubbing on.. only thing i can figure is belt..?. there is little shaving of the tire on my rim also..

thanks for the help i am going to call him tomorrow first thing and tell him about the spacers and also maybe the alignment...

i hope he bucks up and does the right thing..

Hang up that cell phone and let us that Ride LiVE....~!~

standingbearz   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #39 - 06/28/09 at 16:32:16

You did what?  No need to brag.

Adjust your shocks when riding 2up

WWW   IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #40 - 06/28/09 at 16:41:28

brag?  

i will look about shocks adjusting shortly and see if that helps?

GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #41 - 06/28/09 at 16:55:20

verslagen1 wrote on 06/28/09 at 16:32:16:
You did what?  No need to brag.

Adjust your shocks when riding 2up

ok LOL right on i gotcha now... Wink

skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #42 - 06/28/09 at 17:56:06

I finally found a shop in town that will change my tires. I've gotten 8K off the stock tires on my 2006, but its time for new ones.
The shop guys said i was running PSI pressure too low - but i fill up to manual spec - 28 front, 33 rear.  They added more air.  What do you guys think?

As an added bonus, the shop (recently relocated to my little burg) does MC inspections.  At last. I haven't had mine inspected since 06 - lack of a place to do so!
Funny thing tho - the DMV kept right one sending my annual renewal stickers once my bike tax was paid each year.  

No such luck from here on out tho - NC just changed the way vehicles of all types get their inspection and licensing.  No way to sneak by anymore. Tongue

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
gazoo07

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lakeland, FL
Reply #43 - 06/28/09 at 18:18:38

skatnbnc wrote on 06/28/09 at 17:56:06:
I finally found a shop in town that will change my tires. I've gotten 8K off the stock tires on my 2006, but its time for new ones.
The shop guys said i was running PSI pressure too low - but i fill up to manual spec - 28 front, 33 rear.  They added more air.  What do you guys think?

As an added bonus, the shop (recently relocated to my little burg) does MC inspections.  At last. I haven't had mine inspected since 06 - lack of a place to do so!
Funny thing tho - the DMV kept right one sending my annual renewal stickers once my bike tax was paid each year.  

No such luck from here on out tho - NC just changed the way vehicles of all types get their inspection and licensing.  No way to sneak by anymore. Tongue
I think they are FOS. If you got 8K out of the rear IRC you did everything right. you should have got a little more out of the front though. Actually the front tire pressure according to the manual should be 29psi cold but 1psi will not make that much difference. Gazoo  www.lubedealer.com/1lube  

Enjoy the journey as much as the destination!
Amsoil at wholesale prices! www.lubedealer.com/1lube
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #44 - 06/28/09 at 18:20:32

I would stick to what Suzuki says for air pressure,If you use more pressure their going to wear in the middle more,which they do anyway unless you do a lot of curves and lean a lot,Your also get a better ride and the S40 is a light bike.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 16:09:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tire Wear?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.