Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
header wrap and paint ? (Read 168 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Re: header wrap and paint ?
Reply #15 - 06/23/09 at 19:19:36

thanks for the heads up guys! i am totally diggin backfire man! like a crazed super hero! lol

yeah i'll probably use radiator hose clamps as mine didn't come with wire. and i didn't know i had 2 remove the muffler i'll take off those 2 chrome supports as well and put them back on after i wrap.

it's raining like crazy down here, so no playing with the bike 2nite(i don't have a garage, all in my backyard) lol

here's a couple of pics of me paintin with my homemade stands...and i do mean home made!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #16 - 06/24/09 at 03:20:33

Cool stuff gents! Cool Have heard that wrap (which is oh-so freakin' cool lookin'!) may cause your header to rust underneath the wrap ... how 'bout painting the header first with black high-heat paint, let dry, soak wrap and then wrap yer pipe?!
Think this would work prevent the rusting beneath the wrap?

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 06/24/09 at 04:17:36

PerrydaSavage wrote on 06/24/09 at 03:20:33:
Cool stuff gents! Cool Have heard that wrap (which is oh-so freakin' cool lookin'!) may cause your header to rust underneath the wrap ... how 'bout painting the header first with black high-heat paint, let dry, soak wrap and then wrap yer pipe?!
Think this would work prevent the rusting beneath the wrap?

you gotta cure that pipe or the paint will just come off from the the water on the wrap lol. Umm Harley dudes told me I should not have a rust issue. I already had rust on my pipe up near the cylinder. I sanded that with a 1200grit, very lightly albeit. Then I let a rust removing gel sit for about 5 minutes and wiped that off with a clean, damp cloth and tadah!! Perry, should be able to get the gel at the automotive section of crappy tire.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #18 - 06/24/09 at 07:18:31

um...if it rusts it'll just get louder right? will it backfire more? ok i'm kiddin!

u can't see in the pic, but a huge june bug landed on the side panel, and swam across my wet paint. i tried sanding while wet, doesn't really work. so the one piece isn't perfect, but it'll do for now!

it's nice out 2day, so after i take my bro 2 see transformers 2 i might be able to put the beast back 2gether and maybe 2nite start the header wrap. fingers crossed!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:32:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › header wrap and paint ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.