Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
shut off while riding...wtf??? (Read 87 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
shut off while riding...wtf???
06/17/09 at 21:45:22

it started last night, when i swear she didn't feel as powerful, and did not backfire once...even when i tried! that is so not like her.

so 2nite i let her warm up, go down the street...and boom..nada....lights are on, everything works BUT the engine. i attempted to start her probably 5 times, with and without choke.

so i started her up by giving a little throttle and she ran great. i even turned her off then back on just to check. she ran awesome for the entire 1/2 hour or so cruise that i went on.

since the lights weren't affected it's not electrical.

could it have been crappy gas?

or maybe the old leak i had dripped gas into the starter?

or is she mad @ me for even considering a bigger suzuki? lol

btw i was brave enough to take her out anyway, willing to push her home as i can't afford a tow and no one has a pickup....i never said i was the smartest!!!!  Cheesy

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: shut off while riding...wtf???
Reply #1 - 06/18/09 at 05:29:11

You know how some women can be; hot one minute and cold the next  Smiley
Chances are this was brief interruption in fuel delivery due to something clogging the carb, pausing and then moving out.

IP Logged
Rustbucket

Reply #2 - 06/18/09 at 06:53:00

I had something like that happen on mine last year. It was running good and i was getting lots of smiles per mile.. I got on the throttle pretty good and after decel i noticed it ran worse. It wouldn't idle right/ stalling and ran kinda bad.. Had to up the idle screw just to keep from stalling at an idle.. I rode it like that a day or two. I was sooo bummed
Tried adding seafoam to a tank of fresh/different station gas but it didnt seem to make an immediate improvement.

Next day.. I washed and waxed her, made her show room pretty... Thought id go for a ride, Started her up and it was idling fast so i turned the idle back down, On the ride She drove great! Back to running normal.. Go figure??

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #3 - 06/18/09 at 07:33:21

LMAO!! i guess she was just having a moment! maybe i'll give her a shine 2 cheer her up as i don't think she likes chocolates or flowers!

it probably was just a little gunk as she ran crappy the night b4, then shut off and didn't start til i gave her a little throttle.....u guys rule! i hadn't even thought of that !

so do u guys recomment carb cleaner? like stp for cars? how much do i put in, i don't think a whole bottle because it's made for a car tank...right?

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 21:38:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › shut off while riding...wtf???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.