Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Lube suggestion...
Reply #15 - 06/16/09 at 17:35:23

Rocco wrote on 06/16/09 at 12:30:24:
Serowbot wrote on 06/16/09 at 12:27:29:
Rocco wrote on 06/16/09 at 12:23:22:
speaking of scaring cashiers, last week i was @ walmart around 3am(only thing open) and i bought mountain dew, a filter wrench, a lime green paint, a bandana and some "rain coats"....i'd imagine that didn't look 2 good!  Shocked

That's got serial killer written all over it.... Huh

ahahha!! that is true! i told my girl about it and she said "@least i don't have to worry about that girl calling u, she was probably freaked the he11 out!" hhahha

At least he didn't buy puppy chow too.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #16 - 06/16/09 at 18:47:20

lol i coulda picked up some turtle food!! or something freaky like bungee cords!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #17 - 07/04/09 at 20:37:50

DrunkenDwarf wrote on 06/15/09 at 20:20:55:
Any suggestions on what I can put on the fuel tank cushions to allow the tank to slide on and off easier?

-D. Dwarf

Drunken,

I spritz some silicone spray on the donuts before installing the tank.  Although that stuff gets absorbed by the rubber after a period of time, I've noticed that I've never had a problem getting the tank back off after doing this, even if it is months later.

IHTH someone!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
ls650v

97 savage

Clinton Twp, MI
Reply #18 - 07/05/09 at 02:28:41

I used WD-40 for quite a few years, but it started softening the rubber and making it sticky, almost like a putty.  I switched to a silicon grease.  I think silicon spray is a safe bet and K-Y is a safe, but perverted, bet also.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 07/05/09 at 05:04:44

I took mine for a short trip to the grinder. Its a bit easier getting the tank off & on now.
Id think whatever dry Anti Squeak stuff the belt needs would work for the tank mount rubbers.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #20 - 07/07/09 at 09:04:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/05/09 at 05:04:44:
I took mine for a short trip to the grinder. Its a bit easier getting the tank off & on now.
Id think whatever dry Anti Squeak stuff the belt needs would work for the tank mount rubbers.

Don't say "rubbers."  You'll get 'em started again! Cheesy

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Bear

Electrical Engineer
- Retired - Ridin'
for 43 yrs

Central Washington State
Reply #21 - 07/08/09 at 21:29:32

I worked for an electric utility for 34 years.  We used a product called "polywater" as a lube to pull cables through long conduit.  It evaporated in time and had no effect on wire insulation.  It made the inside of the conduit really slick.  It would work very well for lubing gas tank cushions.  What was "Polywater"?  It was the same as KY jelly packed in 5 gallon tubs.   Hummm...I wonder if you could get a 5 gallon tub of KY at Costco?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 18:46:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Lube suggestion...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.