Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tire Slime? (Read 54 times)
ineclipse

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tire Slime?
06/14/09 at 00:40:52

Been searchin the forum for a bit trying to find a consensus on the effectiveness of Tire Slime for our cycle's tires. Being that they are tubed, and plugs are of no option, does anyone know how the "Tubed" tire slime holds up? My major concern is offsetting tire balance. What do ya'll think?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Tire Slime?
Reply #1 - 06/14/09 at 00:47:23

If you ride regularly, it won't upset balance,.. but it's not nearly as effective in a tube tire.  Very small punctures only, after that tubes tend to blow out, and slime will just make a giant mess.  I've also had the goop plug up the valve stem and cause a flat while checking tire pressure.  I had to replace the valve because it got so boogered pulling the snot out.
That said, some folks swear by it.  I used it in my dirt bikes because it works for thorn punctures... never get those on the street, just screws and nails... not so good with those...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ineclipse

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Tire Slime?
Reply #2 - 06/14/09 at 01:12:52

Well, I suppose I;m asking because I'm planning a long trip, 3,000 miles or so soon, within the next few days, and wanted the added protection of the slime. We would be riding regularly. Maybe just take a tube with us? Maybe fix a flat? I hate tubed tires, but havent converted yet.
Thanks,
-Luke.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:24:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tire Slime?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.