rectifier ???? (Read 86 times)
haulback
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vancouver, British Columbia, C
rectifier ????
06/10/09 at 17:15:57

Just put a set a saddlebags on and tried a few different places for new positions for the rectifier.

I had a look before I started at what advice is offered here and tried a couple different places, but kept finding difficulty when I went to re-install the seat.

I did find that I can simply put the rectifier back on TOP of the wide leather sections of the 'bags which lay over the fender (where they are laced together) and the seat fits quite nicely back over everything - - All the wires and connectors are out of the way of the rails, and the bolts go back in the places they are supposed to without any difficulty at all.

Question is this......

How important/critical is it for the rectifier to be bolted to, and in contact with,  the fender????

--  it obviously transfers heat throught the fins on it's top (heat, as we know, rises) whereas it's bottom side which appears to be made of some kind of resin - (not as efficent a heat conductor as metal) would make a very poor job of tranferring any amount of heat at all in comparison.

-- so, whaddya' think......will there be enough heat transfer OUT of the rectifier when it is not in direct contact with the fender - How much heat can it produce anyways????

--The seat does now sit incrementally higher (due to a 1&1/4 inch lift forward and maybe a 1/4 to 5/16 lift aft, thanks to previously mentioned saddlebag 'straps') so there may be somewhat more airflow under it for cooling

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: rectifier ????
Reply #1 - 06/10/09 at 17:20:39

Some people here, have them just hangin' down in the airbox... Mine has been bolted to the plastic airbox for 2+ years...
Just make sure the cooling fins get air and you're o.k., they do the cooling.
Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 06/10/09 at 19:05:38

The underseat mod is known as the rectumfryer....  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
nicka
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tucson
Reply #3 - 06/10/09 at 19:47:18

I just punched holes in the saddlebag pieces and bolted the rectifier back on, bolts going through rectifier then saddlebags into fender, I think I used new longer bolts.  Works perfectly.

IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/10/09 at 20:27:59

Because the Rectifier was in the way of my Harley Police seat, I relocated it as you can see.  I made an aluminum plate which I attached to already existing holes in the fender brackets, then attached the Rectifier to it.  All hardware is stainless steel, and everything is in the windstream.  Function before form.

IP Logged
haulback
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vancouver, British Columbia, C
Reply #5 - 06/10/09 at 20:57:13

Thanks for input...I'll tidy everything up and snap-tie things neatly in place tomorrow. Currently it's all just sort of cobbled in place temporarily to see how it would all fit together.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:32:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › rectifier ????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.