Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Greetings from new forum member/s40 owner (Read 492 times)
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Re: Greetings from new forum member/s40 owner
Reply #30 - 06/17/09 at 20:45:19

If it's the same one I have, you will really like it. It installs eAsily and looks good. Just be careful with the signal lite wires. It will be easy to pinch them between the rails and fenders, if you are not careful.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
fretman

'07 S40

Brooklyn, NYC
Reply #31 - 06/18/09 at 23:50:33

Skid Mark wrote on 06/17/09 at 20:45:19:
If it's the same one I have, you will really like it. It installs eAsily and looks good. Just be careful with the signal lite wires. It will be easy to pinch them between the rails and fenders, if you are not careful.

I'm guessing it's the same, thanks for the heads up on the wires.  Also, I realized I could have ordered it from Suzuki's site and had it shipped to my door, instead of schlepping it from the dealer.  Somehow I didn't see it before but it's all there, on the accessories page. These are the ones I ordered, same as yours?
BACKREST
REAR RACK
Oh well, going back to the dealer will give me an excuse to look at, and sit on some more bikes  Tongue

white spaced, idle mix screwed,
dyna muffed, tkat braced!
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #32 - 06/19/09 at 06:00:06

Mines a little different. I called the dealer to see if they could tell me the 3rd part vendor, but the quoted me the Suzuki parts you are getting.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
  IP Logged
fretman

'07 S40

Brooklyn, NYC
Reply #33 - 06/28/09 at 10:05:25

Skid Mark wrote on 06/19/09 at 06:00:06:
Mines a little different. I called the dealer to see if they could tell me the 3rd part vendor, but the quoted me the Suzuki parts you are getting.

Do you know if the one you got is any taller than the Suzuki? Mine turned out to be more of a but rest than a back rest.  It's criminally expensive for what it is, and  the rear rack should so be included in the package, if ya ask me...  Still, it looks cool, works great for my 10 year old. and is way better than nothin'.

white spaced, idle mix screwed,
dyna muffed, tkat braced!
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #34 - 06/28/09 at 13:43:12

Mine's not too different from the Suzuki one. If you are good at metal work, or know someone who is, I can't see it being too difficult to fab a taller back rest.

'09 C50SE, '09 C90
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/14/24 at 05:27:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Greetings from new forum member/s40 owner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.