Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exhaust very close to brake line (Read 54 times)
Targett3997
YaBB Newbies

'04 Thumper
Humper!!!

Jackson, GA
Exhaust very close to brake line
06/09/09 at 05:29:07

My exhaust is so close to my brake line that I accutally thought it was touching when I first got it.  I want to get it away from it.  The previous owner straight piped the bike with a black pipe. ( I like it loud, but it is a little too loud.)  

I guess my question is 1. is there something that I can do to the straight pipe to quieten it a little and provide more resistance to the outflow?  And 2. if not what pipe isn't going to set me back a bunch sound good and maybe quieten the little bit of backfire that I have left.(haven't made any adjustmenst to the carb, but it's on my list.)

I live in GA so if anyone has suggestions about the settings for the carb with heat and humidity much appriciated.  2004 Savage.

"Watch out for dogs..."
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: Exhaust very close to brake line
Reply #1 - 06/09/09 at 05:41:29

You should post question this in the RSD section.

Go to a muffler shop and see if they can add a slight bend right after the header then make changes for mounting.  Maybe they can make you another one.  I have a similar setup to yours. I live in north Alabama.   My dyno run yesterday showed a good run with 55 pilot with no bleed holes, mixture screw out 1.5 turns, 1 washer for the needle spacer and a 155 main.  

IP Logged
Targett3997
YaBB Newbies

'04 Thumper
Humper!!!

Jackson, GA
Reply #2 - 06/09/09 at 05:47:15

Thanks for the response.  

If I understand right the stock pilot jet is 52.5. I am not sure exactly how to drill it out, but I am still looking on the forum.

Stock the pilot screw is 3 turns out, but needs to be turned out another 1.5.(this one I get.)

Would I see a differenct just turning out the pilot screw?

Also, I keep reading about washers and spacer.  I know that it is the spacer on the end of the needle, but what kind of washers and spacers is everyone replacing them with?

"Watch out for dogs..."
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #3 - 06/09/09 at 07:58:22

Targett3997 wrote on 06/09/09 at 05:47:15:
Thanks for the response.  
If I understand right the stock pilot jet is 52.5. I am not sure exactly how to drill it out, but I am still looking on the forum.

Correct, stock is 52.5.  Don't drill out the pilot jet to make it bigger.  Buy a larger pilot jet.

Stock the pilot screw is 3 turns out, but needs to be turned out another 1.5.(this one I get.)

Not another 1.5 turns out.  Larger pilot jet and only 1.5 turns out total.  

Also, I keep reading about washers and spacer.  I know that it is the spacer on the end of the needle, but what kind of washers and spacers is everyone replacing them with?

Search for white spacer.  The spacer is used to set the needle height, in relation to the main jet, in a certain position at the factory.  Thinning the spacer or replacing it with washers to achieve thinning changes the needle position and improves midrange.    

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 01:19:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Exhaust very close to brake line

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.