Send Topic Print
Hello and question... (Read 56 times)
jsa3mm
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hello and question...
06/02/09 at 18:20:08

Hello everyone.  My name is Jason.  I am a 26 year old Louisiana resident.  I really like the Suzuki s40, but I am afraid it may not be built for a guy like me.  I am 5'7" and I weigh 280lbs.  I want a bike that can take me around town and down some state highways, but I'd also like to do some interstate riding.  Is the s40 capable of these things?  If not are their mods I can do to the s40 to get it closer to the type of bike I am looking for, or should I look elsewhere?  Thanks for your help.

IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Re: Hello and question...
Reply #1 - 06/02/09 at 19:53:27

Hi there.  Read the posts there must be a dozen question just like yours. All you want to know about our beloved savage is right here.  Wink

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #2 - 06/02/09 at 20:00:05

Don't buy anything that needs mods...modify it to make it better, not to make it possible.  Unless...unless you're a tinkerer and modify everything as your hobby.  The factory setting on the rear shocks is in the #2 slot...you should use the #5 slot and max pressure in both tires according to the sticker on the bike.  Everybody re-jets the carburetor.  That plus a windshield and fork braces is about it.

The S40 is the right size for you, but you might do one modification of fabricating a mount for a Harley seat.  The power is limited, but it'll pull you, no passenger, OK, but not with great acceleration.  How much acceleration do you need to safely get on the highways and interstates there?

Are you open to an off-topic suggestion?...read this book.

IP Logged
SmilinLDR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lakewood, CO
Reply #3 - 06/02/09 at 20:23:16

I am 5'8" 240 and completed 1000 mile trip, Denver to Las Vegas via Albuquerque, in one day. The S40 did well despite 20-30 mph headwinds, kept in the 70-75 MPH range but it was out of it's power range and fuel economy suffered. When not runing into a headwind the bike easily goes to 85 MPH on the highway and averages mid 50 mpg. I think the S40 will do what you need and is a blast most of the time. Cool

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #4 - 06/02/09 at 20:32:41

Another option is a Yamaha Virago 535.  It's about the same size but has 25% more horsepower.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/14/24 at 15:19:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hello and question...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.