Send Topic Print
u turns (Read 314 times)
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Re: u turns
Reply #15 - 06/02/09 at 23:38:15

Grin  I've seen enough vehicles buried on the beach to know I have no business there on a street bike.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #16 - 06/02/09 at 23:40:19

lol good point! how much weight did the magnet add? i assume not too much.

very crafty though !

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #17 - 06/02/09 at 23:44:34

Nah, it only weighs a couple lbs.  It's not solid I don't think, strips of magnetic material separated by something else.  Not as strong as it could be for it's size, but it was cheap, and easy to mount.  Plus, it made a handy wrench holder when I was under there putting on the new muff! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #18 - 06/02/09 at 23:56:16

LMAO!! now that's thinking! good man!

if only people in cages thought half that hard while driving i wouldn't have put a WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLES sticker on my cage and lights on the side of my bike!

ok, the lights look cool but safety was the real reason!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #19 - 06/03/09 at 00:06:35

Rocco wrote on 06/02/09 at 23:56:16:
LMAO!! now that's thinking! good man!

if only people in cages thought half that hard while driving i wouldn't have put a WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLES sticker on my cage and lights on the side of my bike!

ok, the lights look cool but safety was the real reason!

Grin  You sure you don't have those reversed?  Just kidding, I carry a Helmet Halo to put on my FF for riding at night for just that reason.  That thing reflects like crazy! Cool

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #20 - 06/03/09 at 09:22:24

lol i bought a moto boss cuz it has a reflective strip right in the middle!

that's also why i was thinking making the exhaust shoot flames, try and avoid seeing that!! lol just kidding....wishing...but kidding!

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #21 - 06/04/09 at 02:40:02

Rocco wrote on 06/03/09 at 09:22:24:
lol i bought a moto boss cuz it has a reflective strip right in the middle!

that's also why i was thinking making the exhaust shoot flames, try and avoid seeing that!! lol just kidding....wishing...but kidding!

That's the main reason I bought this jacket, for night riding, because all the skulls are reflective, with one big one on the back.  I wasn't going to get a leather jacket for quite a while, mostly because of the price, and lack of visibility, especially at night, but this one shines pretty decent.  Plus fulfilled my jonesing for leather for a while! Roll Eyes

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=5000&L2=2&L3=108&L4=109&item=FMI_FRM266-...

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #22 - 06/04/09 at 08:39:22

that jacket is SICK!!!! i don't think they had that one while i was there!

i was given an old leather jacket from my friend, it's older then i am! but leather in the summer in south fla=heat stroke! so i went with a textile, not as wicked but gets the job done!

and i like how mine isn't too sporty and it's not a harley jacket....it's kinda it's own thing!

IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Reply #23 - 06/04/09 at 09:04:18

Speaking again of U-turns, I seem to have ground-off/scraped-off about half of the large lower cap-nut on the right peg mount plate - probably in parking lot turn practice.   I have looked at hardware stores and and some of the part# diagram references that the forum literatti have posted but it seems this is a special size about 17mm/0.75-inch, and I haven't found a part# for it.

Can I buy this nut directly somewhere or should I have to buy another Savage?

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #24 - 06/04/09 at 09:31:03

ero4444 wrote on 06/04/09 at 09:04:18:
Speaking again of U-turns, I seem to have ground-off/scraped-off about half of the large lower cap-nut on the right peg mount plate - probably in parking lot turn practice.   I have looked at hardware stores and and some of the part# diagram references that the forum literatti have posted but it seems this is a special size about 17mm/0.75-inch, and I haven't found a part# for it.

Can I buy this nut directly somewhere or should I have to buy another Savage?

I am pretty sure you can get them at most any hardware store.  It is metric, but I am sure you knew that.  The best I can tell you is take one off and take it to the store with you.  I believe it is a 10mm, but I am not sure.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #25 - 06/04/09 at 09:58:27

i tried to take my left peg off and str8in it out after i laid her down. i just wound up hittin her with a hammer !! jesse james style, if a hammer doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:30:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › u turns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.