Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
? on helmet differences (Read 477 times)
Scottler

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Saratoga County, NY
Re: ? on helmet differences
Reply #30 - 06/06/09 at 05:05:55

BLACK reflective tape????  Sign me up!

Hey, out of curiosity, what is the street legality of the LED accent lighting?  I know it varies state by state, but I can't seem to find much of anything anywhere about it.

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #31 - 06/06/09 at 08:37:49

http://www.scorpionhelmetdeals.com/ This is probably my next helmet. I've got the EXO 400 in black now, nice helmet for $139 but the neon yellow EXO 700 would be much more visible. It's fairly fog-free in the cold & fairly quiet on the highways with the optional chin piece fitted to block wind noise. I think Scorpion calls that an "aero skirt" or something like that.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #32 - 06/06/09 at 11:02:04

FreeSpirit wrote on 06/06/09 at 01:55:06:
Rocco,where did you get the lights? and were they hard to put on? I always wanted Blue,just like it looks in the picture!

(although I realize yours are really purple)

not @ all, the hardest part is making sure none of the wires are touching anything hot. we didn't take the tank off, just wired around it.

they sell a little box(like 11 bucks) that u plug all the lights into that and only the box goes to the battery as opposed 2 all of the lights going to the battery.

but they're peel and stick, and they do have blue BUT i think the cops have dibs on blue and red. red is my favorite color but i didn't want any problems.

i totally recommend them. they're arent super super bright, but there's a big difference from the side now(which is what i wanted!!)

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #33 - 06/06/09 at 11:02:33

oh and i got them @ cycle gear, lol i'm add sometimes !

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #34 - 06/06/09 at 15:24:16

Rocco wrote on 06/06/09 at 11:02:04:
FreeSpirit wrote on 06/06/09 at 01:55:06:
Rocco,where did you get the lights? and were they hard to put on? I always wanted Blue,just like it looks in the picture!

(although I realize yours are really purple)

not @ all, the hardest part is making sure none of the wires are touching anything hot. we didn't take the tank off, just wired around it.

they sell a little box(like 11 bucks) that u plug all the lights into that and only the box goes to the battery as opposed 2 all of the lights going to the battery.

but they're peel and stick, and they do have blue BUT i think the cops have dibs on blue and red. red is my favorite color but i didn't want any problems.

i totally recommend them. they're arent super super bright, but there's a big difference from the side now(which is what i wanted!!)

I know that was the case in Nebraska.  Way back when, my college roommate got pulled over for having blue accent lights in the cab of his pickup (which looked cool).  Being from Wyoming he didn't know, so they just told him to turn them off and let him go.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #35 - 06/06/09 at 19:17:38

i think that's the case usually, which sux cuz i love red but oh well.

i figured no law enforcement used purple, and it looks sweeet!

i think neons under cars are played out, but kickass on bikes!!

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #36 - 06/08/09 at 20:58:14

I didnt think about blue and cops....LOL.

Guess I might as well pick another color  Sad

Thanks Rocco for all the info though.I had no idea they'd be easy to put on!

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #37 - 06/09/09 at 16:19:20

You can have what ever color you want. Just don't turn them on while riding. I was thinking of adding a few here and there just for the very same reason, to be seen a little better at night.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #38 - 06/09/09 at 18:58:03

anytime! i love em! and i do ride with them on. if cops want to give u problems, they will bottom line.

so i may as well risk a warning, and be seen from the sides a little bit better =]

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 15:31:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › ? on helmet differences

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.