Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What kind of windshields do ya'll like? (Read 371 times)
EHR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

question for INECLIPSE.
Reply #15 - 06/19/09 at 18:31:42

Hi I'm new to the Thumper thing called Suzuki S40. And I got a question for INECLIPSE. What kind of windshield you end up with, and how do like it so far? I need to get one for my 2006 S40, getting tired of looking for toothpicks after every ride  Wink Grin Lips Sealed

« Last Edit: 06/20/09 at 17:27:27 by EHR »  
  IP Logged
1st2know

Currently between
Savages

Seattle, WA
Re: What kind of windshields do ya'll like?
Reply #16 - 06/19/09 at 20:20:07

I have the National Cycle Plexifairing. Riding with this shield is almost like riding inside. I stay warm, clean and dry. I can even ride on the highway  with my mouth hanging open Smiley

Since I cant easily see over the shield(I look thru it), I have to keep  it sparkling clean - if it gets dirty and if it's dark out, I have to pull over to clean it or else the glare from the oncoming headlights will blind me. One time, I had to clean it twice in one day.

I used to swap back and forth with the stock Suzi shield, but that got tiring, so now I just keep the plexifaring on (and clean).

Kaw VN1700, V-Strom 650, Coal powered Chevy Spark.
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #17 - 06/20/09 at 13:53:17

The one in my car Grin.I thought the point of having a bike was to be IN the wind Huh.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #18 - 06/20/09 at 14:09:34

FSO
  IP Logged
craigq
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, ON
Reply #19 - 06/20/09 at 14:11:29

I'm 5'9" or thereabouts, I have the Suzuki OEM shield for the S40, and I find the wind/noise at the helmet not a lot of fun, even with earplugs.

The break of the wind off of the upper body is really nice, but I could definitely do without the wind/buffeting on the head.

Due to this I typically run the bike without the shield installed...

2009 WR250R/X
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #20 - 06/20/09 at 16:00:47

Try raising the winsdheild higher. I found if the top of the widshield is a touch above the nose it stops the buffeting of the helmet

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
craigq
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, ON
Reply #21 - 06/21/09 at 05:41:42

Skid Mark wrote on 06/20/09 at 16:00:47:
Try raising the winsdheild higher. I found if the top of the widshield is a touch above the nose it stops the buffeting of the helmet

The windshield brackets are at the top of the forks, I don't think the shield can go any higher. Maybe I'm closer to 5'10"...

2009 WR250R/X
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #22 - 06/21/09 at 07:55:32

If you can't solve it by going higher, then go lower.

All you gotta do is get the turbulence coming off the top of the shield off of your helmet.

WWW   IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Reply #23 - 06/21/09 at 09:27:16

A cheap windshield will cost you money, you will not like it, then you will buy another one. So buy the right one the first time. Wink

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
David M Smith
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 06/24/09 at 08:59:06

I 'm using a Spitfire tinted 15" high x 17.25". I'm 6'5" and it does bobble my head a little but I'm used to having the full blast in the face so I still enjoy not eating bugs. But I also like the lower profile look since I have drag bars. The wind tends to hit just at the top of my head giving me the bobble but protecting my eyes. I'm happy enough with it for $79.95. 2 quick unscrews and it's off too in case I want to cruise in town without it.

IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #25 - 06/24/09 at 10:18:40

Here's a tip for acrylic windshield users:  DO NOT use any cleaner that has ammonia or alcohol in it.  These substances will degrade the acrylic and cause streaks, cracks, and/or holes.  (If you have to know, I found out the hard way! Embarrassed)  There are cleaners in auto parts stores which have no alcohol or ammonia, so use those.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #26 - 06/24/09 at 14:11:46

1st2know wrote on 06/19/09 at 20:20:07:
I have the National Cycle Plexifairing. Riding with this shield is almost like riding inside. I stay warm, clean and dry.

Since I cant easily see over the shield(I look thru it), I have to keep  it sparkling clean - if it gets dirty and if it's dark out, I have to pull over to clean it or else the glare from the oncoming headlights will blind me. One time, I had to clean it twice in one day.

I used to swap back and forth with the stock Suzi shield, but that got tiring, so now I just keep the plexifaring on (and clean).

I have the Plexifairing GT and it fits well.  I cut mine down 2" so I can just look over it.  A local glass shop cut it for $20; I sanded the edge smooth.

A shop at a small airport is a good place to buy cleaners and polishes for both plastic and paint.  Rejex is a great polish for both, and my all-time favorite for the car and truck.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 02:22:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What kind of windshields do ya'll like?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.