Send Topic Print
WoW (Read 167 times)
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

grinnin from coast to coast
WoW
05/29/09 at 23:47:41

so yep, came to me senses, didnt get a harley but wound up getting a Yamaha royal star for less than i paid for my S40... Long story short...after 500 miles on the royal star got back on me S40... LOL it was like the savage wanted me to know and remember why i bought it!!! I was giggling like a kid at Christmas! Ohh so what to do now what to do..... I got it... Keep it! I aint lettin it go... Got the blessings of the misses... all is well in my garage... Might start thinkin on bobbin it... geeez its a great bike... Yup the Royal is an awe inspiring bike but....S40 / savage / ls650... waaaada bike!!!   Wink

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: WoW
Reply #1 - 05/30/09 at 04:05:32

cornfuzed wrote on 05/29/09 at 23:47:41:
so yep, came to me senses, didnt get a harley but wound up getting a Yamaha royal star for less than i paid for my S40... Long story short...after 500 miles on the royal star got back on me S40... LOL it was like the savage wanted me to know and remember why i bought it!!! I was giggling like a kid at Christmas! Ohh so what to do now what to do..... I got it... Keep it! I aint lettin it go... Got the blessings of the misses... all is well in my garage... Might start thinkin on bobbin it... geeez its a great bike... Yup the Royal is an awe inspiring bike but....S40 / savage / ls650... waaaada bike!!!   Wink

Umm, looks like we may need to start a new section here at Suzukisavage.com ... something like a 12 Step Program
Let's see now, what would the steps be ? ? ?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 05/30/09 at 04:28:47

Something about fumbling around with other bikes to get comparison points to KNOW why you like your Savage the best.

Mine would be:

1) Decide to ride again.
2) Pick a Savage because of looks and low seat
3) Ride it for a year or two (satisfied)
4) Another tart catches your eye (you fill in the blank, for most of us it is a cruiser of some sort)
5) Finally buy the sexy tart
6) Ride both bikes for a while and rediscover why you like the Savage best for around town stuff.
7) See a sexy sports bike that you can ride
8) Buy the sexy hi performance tart
9) Ride it around a bit (not as much as you thought you would)
10) Begin selling motorcycles, starting with the sports bike
11) Keep the Savage for the "final bike"
12) Evolve your Savage into a cafe bike or a bobber (multiple Savages tend to exist at this stage)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 05/30/09 at 05:06:32

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/30/09 at 04:28:47:
Something about fumbling around with other bikes to get comparison points to KNOW why you like your Savage the best.

Mine would be:

1) Decide to ride again.
2) Pick a Savage because of looks and low seat
3) Ride it for a year or two (satisfied)
4) Another tart catches your eye (you fill in the blank, for most of us it is a cruiser of some sort)
5) Finally buy the sexy tart
6) Ride both bikes for a while and rediscover why you like the Savage best for around town stuff.
7) See a sexy sports bike that you can ride
8) Buy the sexy hi performance tart
9) Ride it around a bit (not as much as you thought you would)
10) Begin selling motorcycles, starting with the sports bike
11) Keep the Savage for the "final bike"
12) Evolve your Savage into a cafe bike or a bobber (multiple Savages tend to exist at this stage)

Now see there, I just instinctively knew I was on the right track... I am already entering into step 12 of THE PROGRAM    Cool

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #4 - 05/30/09 at 06:41:11

1. We admitted we were powerless over our Savage lust, and that our lives had become unmanageable without it.

2. Came to believe that the power of the single 650cc could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of the Savage as we tried to understand it.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our Savage.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs after selling our beloved Savage.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defective stock seats.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our stock exhaust.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to ride with them all.

9. Made direct parts swaps with such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to change the oil, perform pre ride checks and when we were wrong forgot promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through riding and meditation to improve our conscious contact of the road as we understood it, praying only for knowledge of it's path for us and the torque to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other riders and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

FSO
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 05/30/09 at 07:41:19

Are you guys stuck inside on a rainy day or what?

WWW   IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #6 - 05/30/09 at 07:48:05

verslagen1 wrote on 05/30/09 at 07:41:19:
Are you guys stuck inside on a rainy day or what?

That's funny V.
Chugging down the last of my coffee before my 100 mile round trip ride to see Shar in the Hospital. Making a few detours on nice roads of course Wink
Beautiful day for riding here in sunny NJ, and I'm taking advantage of it.

FSO
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #7 - 05/30/09 at 11:54:20

everyone i know keeps saying "be careful what u do, it might hurt resale" or "when u get a bigger bike"

i'm so tired of that, i love my savage !! the shadow and the virago can kiss my a$$! they don't shoot or snort like mine does!!!!

my friend said i love the savage so much is because she's "raw" lol i agree with that!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Duane

Creatively
Maladjusted

Terra Plane
Reply #8 - 05/30/09 at 13:01:53

Only other bike I would think about would be a 883 sport, but then no one leave it at that either.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. JFK

WWW duanedaringer   IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 05/30/09 at 13:15:37

No question that this savage is a fun little bike. I have had bikes that were bigger, smoother, faster, more comfortable... The way I see it the bike that I love the most is the one that I am riding at the moment. It don't really matter what the other guy thinks, let him ride his own! Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 06:23:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › WoW

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.