Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HOw do I support a Sporster muffler? (Read 54 times)
DocNeedles

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

British Columbia
HOw do I support a Sporster muffler?
05/26/09 at 19:28:24

I took my Savage in to have a OEM Sporster muffler installed with a slight bend to get it past  the rear brake shaft and wheel.  It works fine but the guy who installed it (also a biker) suggested that it needed a support bracket.  I suggested the old bracket on the frame but it is too far laterally to connect with the Sportster bracket.  I imagine a perpendicular attachment coming down to the muffler connections, but where do I attach it.  Could I attach it to the lower shock bolt?
DocNeedles

IP Logged
marshall13

the first step is to
admit your ignorance

Fort Lauderdale FL
Re: HOw do I support a Sporster muffler?
Reply #1 - 05/26/09 at 21:22:08

DocNeedles wrote on 05/26/09 at 19:28:24:
I took my Savage in to have a OEM Sporster muffler installed with a slight bend to get it past  the rear brake shaft and wheel.  It works fine but the guy who installed it (also a biker) suggested that it needed a support bracket.  I suggested the old bracket on the frame but it is too far laterally to connect with the Sportster bracket.  I imagine a perpendicular attachment coming down to the muffler connections, but where do I attach it.  Could I attach it to the lower shock bolt?
DocNeedles

lower shock bolt is on the swingarm... unless you're putting a flex hose at the end of your headpipe, probably not the best idea... use the oem mount, any longways adjustment make a "dogbone" between the bolt axis' (just a chunk of 1/8 stock with a couple holes to align with both mount points), any side to side, longer bolt, and a suitable pipe nipple as a spacer.... home depot or loews should have all the junk required, and may even give change from a 10 spot.....lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:13:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › HOw do I support a Sporster muffler?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.