Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turn signal not working, help please (Read 119 times)
odvelasc
Ex Member

Turn signal not working, help please
05/26/09 at 18:33:03

Hello all,

I recently installed Bullet shaped rear turn signals. They are a two wire signal. I noticed that when installing them the turn signal wire pressed up against the fender and it would stop working for a while. I would lift the struts to alleviate pressure and it would work again. The rear left signal would stop working again after a day or so. I lifted the strut to alleviate the pressure but this time the the light would not work. I found the the wire was exposed because the rubber around it had come off. I cut the wire, stripped some of the rubber around it and re-connected the two ends. Now my front left signal does not work either. Bah!! Maybe I crushed the wire up near the seat when I was lifting the fender strut? Any thoughts? Oh, the the turn signal is grounded properly as well.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Re: Turn signal not working, help please
Reply #1 - 05/26/09 at 18:37:41

i had the same problem, a strip wire kept making my fuse blow!

now they don't flash...when i stop being lazy and take the tank off i'll get a new flasher relay lol

wire problems are the worst!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/26/09 at 19:06:44

Rocco wrote on 05/26/09 at 18:37:41:
i had the same problem, a strip wire kept making my fuse blow!

now they don't flash...when i stop being lazy and take the tank off i'll get a new flasher relay lol

wire problems are the worst!

How much for a flasher relay? Why not replace the fuse?

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #3 - 05/26/09 at 19:33:50

i had to replace the fuses, the bike wouldn't start without new ones until we fixed the stripped wire

and the flasher i've been told can be of any american car type, costs around 5 bucks, but the gas tank has 2 come off....i don't want to do that by myself...i'm waiting for my mechanic friend to help me out until i get comfortable takin it off

it'll probably wait for when i myself or have the bike painted by a friend though lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/26/09 at 19:41:11

Rocco wrote on 05/26/09 at 19:33:50:
i had to replace the fuses, the bike wouldn't start without new ones until we fixed the stripped wire

and the flasher i've been told can be of any american car type, costs around 5 bucks, but the gas tank has 2 come off....i don't want to do that by myself...i'm waiting for my mechanic friend to help me out until i get comfortable takin it off

it'll probably wait for when i myself or have the bike painted by a friend though lol

Umm I have fixed my stripped wire. My bike as starts just fine. Bulb is not burnt out either. hmm... Well I guess I should start with the fuse. Gonna dig in to the clymer manual.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #5 - 05/27/09 at 08:12:34

i was thinking maybe u pinched another wire going to the front one?

and i replaced my back ones because the rear left didn't work even with a brand new bulb, the inside had like a "red clay" gunk all in it...i assume that was the culprit

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 05/27/09 at 09:04:24

You said these are 2 wire lights, but are they 2 function? running and turn sig's?

If 2 function, could be an issue with ground.  Add a third wire and attach to the ground of the light.

I recently added a cat eye stop light and it was intermitant untill I added the ground.

WWW   IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/27/09 at 11:55:46

verslagen1 wrote on 05/27/09 at 09:04:24:
You said these are 2 wire lights, but are they 2 function? running and turn sig's?

If 2 function, could be an issue with ground.  Add a third wire and attach to the ground of the light.

I recently added a cat eye stop light and it was intermitant untill I added the ground.

the right signals work no problem.

IP Logged
texsam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/20/09 at 13:42:16

does anyone know of any rear universal turn signals that work best on a stock bike

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #9 - 06/21/09 at 00:41:42

i got a set @ cycle gear for around 20 bucks, they were 2 wire hookup and were not hard @ all.

the only thing is they don't screw into place like the stock ones...i radiator hose clamped mine...but i am going for a rat bike look =]

IP Logged
texsam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 06/21/09 at 20:19:31

will the bolt on ones work 2 pin if i take the crome off rear fender and bolt and connect wire run it through???????????the radiator hos is a good ideal does it hav a stalk at all???? howd you hook it up to the fender???

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:33:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turn signal not working, help please

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.