do i have to? (Read 307 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Re: do i have to?
Reply #15 - 05/25/09 at 12:41:45

awesome article Yonuh !! i agree with everything said! and i am definately following suit and making mine a backyard expression!

flipping through catalogs is way 2 boring anyway! lol

man i'm glad i found this website! lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #16 - 05/25/09 at 15:32:12

70-80 MPH on I-35 in Dallas everyday.260lb guy

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #17 - 05/25/09 at 17:09:14

Longest ride on the smallest bike for me was a ride from Ft. Hood, TX (between Austin and Dallas) to Ft. Stewart, GA (near Savannah) in two days on a Yamaha Virago 535 with me (225 lbs) and a full duffel bag on the back.  No problem at all.  I'm even more confident with the LS650.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #18 - 05/25/09 at 23:57:15

i'm only 5'6" 165....i'd probably only have a pack back full of clothes. so weight shouldn't be an issue!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #19 - 05/26/09 at 03:08:20

One of my new favorite quotes comes from the movie "Cars", which my grandkids were watching the other day. In the movie, one car says to the other, referring to route 66, "They didn't drive it to make good time; they drove it to have a good time." If your buddies are going to go like demons on the superslab, seeing how much asphalt they can chew up in a day; then you're going to be miserable on the Savage, no matter how many comfort/performance mods you make. If you and your buddies are content to cruise some of the better highways, skip the interstates, and enjoy the ride and the scenery; then you're going to have a trip to cherish, and the Savage will be great for the road.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #20 - 05/26/09 at 05:59:09

How I crossed Kansas on the slab:

So I could ride here:

Mrs. Doc does not enjoy pillioning the interstate.  The general boredom puts her to sleep, and she is not comfortable snoozing on the back of a bike for some strange reason.

Oh yeah, we met our daughter and son in law at the Denver airport.  Spent the week headquartered in a time share in Avon and rode as much as possible.  The Savage had no trouble bagging a couple of passes on the way to Leadville!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Spiff
2005 No Login

Your favorite band
sucks!

In the Spiff Bunker
Reply #21 - 05/26/09 at 06:55:03

Ah, the Beartooth.

Did in it a minivan in 2007 ... swore that I would return on two wheels someday...  Wink

"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them."
WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #22 - 05/26/09 at 08:35:50

good way of putting it! and the movie cars was really good even though it was disney lol

i'll have 2 ask them what the plans are speed wise and route choice, because that would make the difference.

i'm just glad i don't have 2 buy a huge and ugly touring bike to enjoy a trip!!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 12:30:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › do i have to?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.