Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
New S40 owner :) (Read 1983 times)
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Re: New S40 owner :)
Reply #60 - 05/31/09 at 00:37:22

Probably not legal... oh well

First attempt at a custom light, license light and license bracket. Broke after 10 mins

Got bored tonight and decided to take a second go at it. Just need to trim the edges down and it should be decent.

WWW diverseclothing   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #61 - 05/31/09 at 03:25:30

Lookin sharp! Smiley

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Louisiana_Geezer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #62 - 05/31/09 at 08:47:12

Great looking bike... Great thread with lots of varied info.

I love the seat, too. Someone asked about it earlier, but got no answer.

Laws in Louisiana CURRENTLY require a helmet and at least liability insurance. BUT, since the state ranks near the top on the number of hit and run accidents — because we rank highest in uninsured drivers — you'd have to be nuts if you didn't add uninsured motorists coverage to pay for your medical bills.

The state is probably going to approve a change to the helmet law similar to what was described to be happening in Florida. Over 21 and you don't have to wear one, but you gotta have the medical coverage.

IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #63 - 05/31/09 at 09:11:49

flcruzr wrote on 05/30/09 at 06:38:07:
I really like the looks of the solo spring seat, are they comfortable or just mainly for looks???

I didn't mount the springs because I was lazy, I ended up bending the stock brackets to line up with the bolts on the solo seat. I'll grab a picture sometime. Solo seat with the springs is pretty comfortable, without the springs the big bumps you will feel in your back but I just slightly lift off my seat to absorb the bump.

Rocco wrote on 05/30/09 at 10:47:42:
i like the turn signals too!

and fireballs? y would u change that? lol it's probably too rich, but u get fire in return?!?! SWEEEET!

Haha indeed my friend, it does look badass at night  Grin

Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #64 - 05/31/09 at 09:49:47

i like the runnin light! that's a sweet idea!

also, down here u can't have your plate vertical....lame i know but what can u do. i believe it's a 1000 bucks if they ticket u for it!!

i'm thinkin of going with a theme bike now instead of all black, i've got a few things as ideas but i've got some kinks to work out but if it goes to plan it should be sweeeet!!

and flames are always a bonus...unless they're on u! lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #65 - 05/31/09 at 15:33:48

Rocco wrote on 05/31/09 at 09:49:47:
i like the runnin light! that's a sweet idea!

also, down here u can't have your plate vertical....lame i know but what can u do. i believe it's a 1000 bucks if they ticket u for it!!

i'm thinkin of going with a theme bike now instead of all black, i've got a few things as ideas but i've got some kinks to work out but if it goes to plan it should be sweeeet!!

and flames are always a bonus...unless they're on u! lol

Keep us updated with the theme bike. I think I know what it is maybe ?  Lips Sealed

It's illegal up here to have your plate vertical too but I know a few friends that run them vertical and haven't had a problem. I hope the same for myself haha.

Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #66 - 05/31/09 at 19:49:14

lol if u were thinking inbetween wolverine or ninja turtles u are correct my friend! i posted it in the theme bikes post. couldn't help myself! my fav band is avenged sevenfold and i was thinking that BUT their symbol might get me shot by the hells angels...so that's not an option!

lol my friends know how much the tickets cost cuz they have to pay them! my buddy's enduro was busted for doing wheelies and vertical license plate...it was NOT cheap! but oh well, can't fix stupid(the wheelies that is, not the plate)

so i'm still in the process of figuring things out with the theme, and i have a few ideas. all i want is my bike to be original, and when people see it they say "that is Rocco in nutshell...or turtle shell" ahaaaha

then of course i've have to change Backfire's name to "SHELL-ACIOUS" hahhahaa

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #67 - 06/02/09 at 22:39:29

Oh man that is going to look wicked! I was thinking you were going to go for the punisher look  Smiley

Mounted rear signals...

You can kinda see the new sideways license plate bracket I made up really quickly. Title is in, hopefully it should be on the road legally tomorrow [crosses fingers!]

Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #68 - 06/02/09 at 23:25:33

that looks sweeeeet!

i think i'm going to do the punisher, ninja turtles and my style of karate lol i can't decide on just one!!

i'm about to post a new post of the lights, and the emblems and the leak that i have lol check it out bro!!

IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #69 - 06/06/09 at 20:45:38

Digging the light, doesn't hurt to keep the dumb people who don't pay attention on the road to see you better.

Got it registered and put over 400 miles on her already, car hasn't seen much use  Grin

Went for a cruise with my brother who owns the R6 and my friend who owns the 240sx...

Painting some odds and ends flat black and maybe a jockey shift is in the works.

Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #70 - 06/07/09 at 08:06:15

that looks like alot of fun bro!

my friend has a concours, and one just bought a gixxer 650. and my sis's boyfriend(who i actually don't mind lol) has a gixxer that he's trying to fix. i can't w8 to get a couple of us to ride. of course i'm the only cruiser, but the good thing about that is if the cops show they probably won't bother me!!

and my car is purely for when it rains or i have to go to work lol funny how things change!

IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #71 - 06/17/09 at 23:16:39

Haha yeah I never drive my car unless its raining or I absolutely have to drive someone around.

I might purchase a crotch rocket once I'm finished with this one.  Tongue Lips Sealed

She fell, I got a new lever today.

Before she fell

Got bored, 20mph ish haha.

Suppose to be raining until next week so I plan to paint the tank, Z bars, lower the front and make a legit license plate bracket. Suicide shift maybe.

Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #72 - 06/18/09 at 07:36:27

BRO! i don't think anyone on her is going to be as excited as u are about a young dude doing stunts! i think they're awesome when done only when the rider can get hurt!

the bike looks wicked though, and don't feel bad about droppin her...gives her character and makes her yours! i ravage my savage all the time lol

IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #73 - 06/18/09 at 20:58:02

Yeah I figured some would look down upon it, oh well it was funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7YHI1qftCw

Runs really rich, guess it's time to re-jet.

kenshi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Shelton, Washington
Reply #74 - 06/18/09 at 21:22:52

Nice job! I wish mine was that clean when i started modding...lol

I have a straight through fishtail and a cone filter, so went with #55 Slow jet, a #155 main jet, 2  needle spacers.

Search forum, there is always some debate as to where to start with this stuff, IMHO Mine runs great with these jets though.

Your results may vary, this opinion void in some states.

If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will have freedom.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 08:28:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New S40 owner :)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.