Send Topic Print
New S40 owner :) (Read 1983 times)
Duane

Creatively
Maladjusted

Terra Plane
Re: New S40 owner :)
Reply #45 - 05/29/09 at 12:04:00

I like the stock ones. The bigger the better so cagers can see me.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. JFK

WWW duanedaringer   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #46 - 05/29/09 at 12:54:00

i'm not sure if there is a law about turn signals, i know alot of bikes that don't have any!

and i don't mind them being tiny! i do the head turn and i w8 a couple secs b4 i get over

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
marshall13

the first step is to
admit your ignorance

Fort Lauderdale FL
Reply #47 - 05/29/09 at 12:59:22

Rocco wrote on 05/29/09 at 12:54:00:
i'm not sure if there is a law about turn signals, i know alot of bikes that don't have any!

and i don't mind them being tiny! i do the head turn and i w8 a couple secs b4 i get over

here in florida, no turn signals required... in new york, it was "not required on pre-72 models"....

IP Logged
Seth C.

Tucson, AZ
Reply #48 - 05/29/09 at 13:20:17

In AZ, no signals, no emisions testing, no helmet law, only a loosely inforce noise ordinace.  Cool Bikes are bikes and men are banditos.

2001 Suzuki Savage LS650
WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #49 - 05/29/09 at 20:31:38

lol i think there should be a helmet law down here, with all the "q tips"(old people who all u see is the poofy white hair over the steering wheel lol) !!!

and no emissions either!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #50 - 05/29/09 at 22:48:42

kevinphan wrote on 05/28/09 at 23:28:29:
Rocco wrote on 05/28/09 at 23:23:26:
yeah i might do that b4 i paint anyways! i assume just peel them off slow? lol

after i put my leds on i'm gonna take some nice night pics too

i really like the rear fender u got, but i like the sissy bar and 2 seats mine has...decisions decisions!!

Definitely post some up I'd like to see your bike!

As for peeling the badges, heat it up with a blow dryer for the badges metal covering the air box. For the tank heat it up and run some dental floss behind it in an up and down motion and then get a plastic scraper or razor I used the razor and scrape off the remaining glue, goo gone the residue, then a buff/wax and your good!

Slight differences I'm noticing here.  Kevinphan has a newer bike like mine, with the metal (plastic?) emblems, while Rocco has stickers.  It was mentioned somewhere whether the stickers are under the clearcoat, but I can't remember for sure. Undecided

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #51 - 05/29/09 at 23:28:32

yeah i was wondering about a clearcoat...i don't want to ruin anything and they won't come off easily if they're clearcoated right?

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #52 - 05/30/09 at 00:29:47

Probably not, plus if the paint has faded the least little bit, it'll be a different color where the sticker was.  The same's true for emblems for that matter.  

Not sure but if you could remove the stickers without damaging the paint, you might be able to go over the whole thing with very fine sandpaper to get through the oxidized stuff, and re-clear it.  Of course by that point, may as well just shoot some color on there along with the clear.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #53 - 05/30/09 at 00:32:13

Looking good Rocco, I like the turn signals!

Does anyone know where I can pick up a set to rejet my engine? Seems to run really rich and my friend said they can see a quick burst of fire coming out of the exhaust which is awesome but I'd like to now start changing out parts and upgrading the performance Smiley

WWW diverseclothing   IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #54 - 05/30/09 at 06:38:07

I really like the looks of the solo spring seat, are they comfortable or just mainly for looks???

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #55 - 05/30/09 at 10:47:42

i like the turn signals too!

and fireballs? y would u change that? lol it's probably too rich, but u get fire in return?!?! SWEEEET!

IP Logged
marshall13

the first step is to
admit your ignorance

Fort Lauderdale FL
Reply #56 - 05/30/09 at 10:58:47

Rocco wrote on 05/29/09 at 23:28:32:
yeah i was wondering about a clearcoat...i don't want to ruin anything and they won't come off easily if they're clearcoated right?

factory stickers usually wont be under clearcoat... they're installed after the bikes destination is decided, and the finish inspection... Rocco, in florida, you're required to wear a helmet if you dont carry 10 grand PIP insurance that specifically covers lidless riding... no emissions or safety inspection here, either....  1500 grit rubbing compound to blend faded paint into the "perfect" paint under the badges and stickers... the uniform "scratches" in the clearcoat will camo the color difference.... i'd do it by hand, as the parts are small, and you have much more control over the final appearance than with a buffer...

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #57 - 05/30/09 at 11:46:52

then y do i see everyone riding lidless without insurance????? idiots! y would u risk it?

AND i just talked to a friend who does vinyl graphics, and he might be able to pull something off for me....i'll keep it a secret for now!!

IP Logged
marshall13

the first step is to
admit your ignorance

Fort Lauderdale FL
Reply #58 - 05/30/09 at 13:19:22

Rocco wrote on 05/30/09 at 11:46:52:
then y do i see everyone riding lidless without insurance????? idiots! y would u risk it?

AND i just talked to a friend who does vinyl graphics, and he might be able to pull something off for me....i'll keep it a secret for now!!

the same reason you see folks driving cars with no insurance, suspended licenses, and stolen plates( a felony, by the way).... people tend to do stupid things...rofl  it seems traffic tickets are the new "beanie babies" in south florida... gotta collect 'em all....

IP Logged
marshall13

the first step is to
admit your ignorance

Fort Lauderdale FL
Reply #59 - 05/30/09 at 13:37:09

and just to let you know, Rocco, you actually do have to have liability insurance on a bike here... you dont have to show proof to register, but if you get in an accident, and dont have it, it's mandatory SR22 insurance for 3 years on all your vehicles... DUIs, and some other major moving violations will have the same effect if you dont have the insurance (though im pretty sure a DUI gets you SR22'd no matter what).... SR22 runs about 3 times your normal insurance rate.... check Yonah's thread in the tech section on state mc laws...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:30:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New S40 owner :)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.