Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
New S40 owner :) (Read 1983 times)
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
New S40 owner :)
05/24/09 at 08:10:01

Hello my name is Kevin and I am 20. I just picked up an 07 S40 off of my sister because she has a baby on the way and can't ride anytime soon. This thing is a blast to ride it's my first bike but I have ridden crotch rockets before. My plans are to make it "bobberish" looking. Here are a couple of pictures:

Seeing how I'm going to fab some mounts

« Last Edit: 05/24/09 at 09:22:06 by kevinphan »  
WWW diverseclothing   IP Logged
TestPro

Show up, shut up,
catch up!

Florida
Re: New S40 owner :)
Reply #1 - 05/24/09 at 08:32:39

Welcome to the site! There is a lot of great information here and a bunch of cool characters willing to lend good advice on this bike. Good job on the seat upgrade.

Cheers,

TestPro
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

IP Logged
mikeo
YaBB Newbies

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 05/24/09 at 09:36:59

Can we see pics of your sister? Wink Just kidding. Nice bike.

savage virgin
  IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #3 - 05/24/09 at 09:41:03

Bobber.....YEAH! Smiley

so much you can do with these bikes, this is a awesome site and everyone is so helpful! search out the bobber project threads!!!!

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #4 - 05/24/09 at 09:41:15

love the handle bars! and welcome! i'm fairly new myself! ask and u shall be answered....many times over!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 05/24/09 at 10:54:25

A fork brace will make it feel more stable. Nice color. I like that a lot. The seat looks like a really good idea, too. How much$$ & where did you get it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #6 - 05/24/09 at 11:54:13

Nice, it also looks like you have a photo hobby as well! Just be careful making this face Grin too much because the bugs are starting to come out.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #7 - 05/24/09 at 14:50:59

Yeah I love this bike. I wear a full face so bugs aren't a big issue but I almost went down went a "helicopter" leaf thing nailed me in the neck. I've been looking into which fender would be a good size. I was thinking a 4inch or 5inch wide fender.

I'll keep updating you guys on the project, I'm removing all the lights and replacing them, painting the bike completely flat black.

Typed this up on my iPhone so if it doesn't make sense sorry :p

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 05/24/09 at 14:54:48

Oh god not another flat black bike, wanna trade tin?
The red '96 needs painting

Taking photography?

WWW   IP Logged
Seth C.

Tucson, AZ
Reply #9 - 05/24/09 at 15:09:53

Welcome to the site. Keep taking stuff off, she gets prettier the more naked she is  Wink

2001 Suzuki Savage LS650
WWW   IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Reply #10 - 05/24/09 at 16:48:52

SmileyYou poor thing run before you get sucked in with the rest of us, the savage beast will take over and you cant say no. Got to, my bike is calling. Wink    welcome

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #11 - 05/24/09 at 17:29:32

I shoot photo's for fun, I got into it a couple of years ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinphan

Most of my gear I have acquired some more recently but I don't shoot as much as I did before.

I'm already sucked in, my sister messed up on the title so I have to wait for a duplicate one so I can register it again but I have been riding around my neighborhood without plates  Roll Eyes

I purchased off my sister for 2900$ with 1500 miles on it. I would like to paint it flat black since I love that look.

This is my car that I haven't finished, it's a 91 240sx

Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #12 - 05/24/09 at 20:20:04

i'm going flat black 2! can't beat it bro!

and about the 240....ka24 or planning an sr20? you'll find that the bike is much more cost effective(gets better mileage and more ladies lol)

i was looking for a 5.0 mustang for street and strip when i decided 2 buy my savage....the sad thing is i paid the same amount for the whole bike as a rebuilt tranny for a stang costs! PLUS i'll retain my license by not racing @ every stop light...AND i think bikes are cooler anyways...any idiot can steer a car  Cool

you'll know which u like better if when driving your car u feel like you're simply "going somewhere" as opposed 2 riding and feeling the way the bike makes u feel!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
JeremySW
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 05/24/09 at 22:24:14

Congrats man!

I'm looking for a good deal on an s40 currently. I just passed my motorcycle safety course so I'm getting my moto license Tuesday.

I might go flat black too but after seeing some bikes on here I'm getting inspired to do something different.

Enjoy the bike but be safe above all else!

IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #14 - 05/24/09 at 23:56:06

Rocco wrote on 05/24/09 at 20:20:04:
i'm going flat black 2! can't beat it bro!

and about the 240....ka24 or planning an sr20? you'll find that the bike is much more cost effective(gets better mileage and more ladies lol)

i was looking for a 5.0 mustang for street and strip when i decided 2 buy my savage....the sad thing is i paid the same amount for the whole bike as a rebuilt tranny for a stang costs! PLUS i'll retain my license by not racing @ every stop light...AND i think bikes are cooler anyways...any idiot can steer a car  Cool

you'll know which u like better if when driving your car u feel like you're simply "going somewhere" as opposed 2 riding and feeling the way the bike makes u feel!!

Surprised anyone on the board would recognize the 240, but funny you ask which motor was going in it haha. I just sold my SR20DET to get money to purchase my bike  Tongue Best choice I have made yet.

I'm going to drop in a KA24DE then rebuild and turbo it with a GT35R, should have 400whp on low boost  Grin Good choice on ditching the Stang and buying an S40. It's so much more fun riding on my bike than driving a car.

JeremySW wrote on 05/24/09 at 22:24:14:
Congrats man!

I'm looking for a good deal on an s40 currently. I just passed my motorcycle safety course so I'm getting my moto license Tuesday.

I might go flat black too but after seeing some bikes on here I'm getting inspired to do something different.

Enjoy the bike but be safe above all else!

Congrats on passing the course! I plan on taking it as soon as I can afford it, I'm currently driving with a permit but I am insured. I'm open on ideas for colors, flat black seems safe and looks good if you paint it good and not do a poopy job.

I thought the s40 would have a gas warning light but it doesn't and I found out the hard way  Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 02:28:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New S40 owner :)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.