Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
mirrors!!!!! (Read 411 times)
aysrav
YaBB Newbies

Augusta, Georgia
Re: mirrors!!!!!
Reply #15 - 05/29/09 at 08:50:00

Go to http://www.spacerjim.com/MirrorExt.html and look at the mirror extensions for an S40. They do help.  Cool

IP Logged
JaniceM
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NW PA
Reply #16 - 06/08/09 at 20:22:59

Jay wrote on 05/24/09 at 22:57:56:
Are there any decent mirrors for the Savage? I would love to have a view of something besides my shoulder in the rearview.

I broke my mirror when I wrecked and have learned a lot about them!
With the proper adapter, you can put anything you want.  I am putting live to ride Harley mirrors (cause hubby had them and others, and the OEM mirror was about $70).  I have run into some issues that I am still working thorugh, but if you'd be interested, let me know and I will fill you in.
Janice

Chaos...where great dreams begin.
2007 S40
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #17 - 06/08/09 at 20:37:55

aysrav wrote on 05/29/09 at 08:50:00:
Go to http://www.spacerjim.com/MirrorExt.html and look at the mirror extensions for an S40. They do help.  Cool

Very cool idea.  May have to look into having a guy at work fab me up something like that.  'Cause I'm cheap and stuff... Grin

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 06/08/09 at 21:42:55

Rocco wrote on 05/25/09 at 11:20:11:
i saw a set that were vampire skulls....wicked as hell! not sure my bike is ready for mirrors that cool! lol

Can you see anything out of them? I thought Vampires & mirrors were a bad mix.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
daweise1

Old school, new
school, I cheated in
both.....

Pataskala (Cols.) Ohio
Reply #19 - 06/09/09 at 06:01:19

I bought 2 adapters and I have new flamed embossed mirrors to match my new lights and pegs.... Cost was $10 for both from Iron Pony, but I live local so no shipping... JP had them for $6, but wanted $7.99 to ship them Shocked

Dyna SE II Black muffler, HD Touring tank(6gals), Pingel petcock, HD Heel rest, Custom handlebars(Rock Chops), Adjure Flamed Headlight with spotlights, HD Flamed Signals, Oldys Gangster Fenders, Paint
  IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #20 - 06/09/09 at 12:45:21

I put these on my S40. I thought they looked really nice on the bike but I wanted a larger field of view so I went back to the stock mirrors.

http://www.cyclespecials.com/pages/catalogs/viewproductdetailbysku/U2t1U3Rhcn...

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
JaniceM
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NW PA
Reply #21 - 06/09/09 at 21:48:08

I could only see my shoulder, too, with the stock 2007 mirrors on my bike.  Since I broke one first day out, and OEM mirror was $72 each, I went looking.  There are several mirror adaptors out there that can put any mirror on our bikes. Nice size ones, all sorts of styles.  I chose live to ride, free spirit.  
Kurakyn, J&P cycles catalog and Shadetree all have mirrors and adaptors.  Honda shops will sell an adaptor that will put a Harley mirror in our stock Suzuki hole (longer stem so it comes out further) but I am having trouble since the female end is 8mm coarse, and it needs to be fine.  The universal adaptors are fine, but they couldn't be positioned where I needed them for me.  I am only 5'6" and still only saw myself.  And, the master cyclinder assembly and all would need moved.  Anyway, work in progress.  But, yes, there are all sorts of mirrors out there.  Janice

Chaos...where great dreams begin.
2007 S40
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #22 - 06/09/09 at 21:55:52

Put a bigger set of handlebars on.  
And it'll give you a little more leverage.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 11:22:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › mirrors!!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.