Send Topic Print
new to s40 (Read 282 times)
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Re: new to s40
Reply #15 - 05/23/09 at 20:39:33

I just did a 150 mile round trip on a 2 lane hiway with some 35 mph twisties. I ended up with a small group of sportsters and some kind of Honda v twin. Had no trouble keeping pace with them at all. I'm sure with a more experienced rider the wee beastie could have given these guys a good run for the money. All in all the ride was great and the bike preformed admirable.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #16 - 05/23/09 at 22:55:48

Ooooh, some people here will get really upset if you call it a starter bike.  I like mine.  I also have a Sportster 883 Custom that's been converted to a 1200.  It's a beast.  However, the Savage is more comfortable and fun in some ways.  Well, comfortable for about 2 hours with that stock seat.  I've been trying to sell the Savage, as I can't justify 2 cycles for one dude.  It's not selling, and I don't feel all that bad about it.  I still ride it on certain days, and I'm fond of it.  It handles well, and it's relatively rare.  I've only seen 2 others on the road, ever.  All I can say is that it's a character.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 05/23/09 at 23:04:31

J Mac wrote on 05/23/09 at 22:55:48:
Ooooh, some people here will get really upset if you call it a starter bike.  

I think we're all though being upset with the starter bike monicer.
It is a starter bike that you fall in love with and keep.
And for those that know how, it's like having a beat up vdub beetle w/a porche engine...  a real sleeper.

WWW   IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

grinnin from coast to coast
Reply #18 - 05/23/09 at 23:18:06

Ohh where ohhh were to begin... Ok 9900 miles later after buying the bike new last year, I wont be getting rid of it... You put the good Ol Ed L's forward controls on it.. Have another bike to tour the misses around and have alot of smiles.. Little K&N here little Dyna Exhaust there Little white spacer mod an little ol rejeting 150 and watch yer grin factor just explode. Oh yes there are other bikes, harleys are a fine one but for no hassle no worry listen to old farts spin yarns about yesteryear and their bike they had... Its alot of fun! great conversation piece too when other bikers figure out they dont exactly have the upper hand on the road  Grin ...Sport bikes excluded of course.. Theres a great bunch o' gals / guys here that will help along... Just got back from work 59 mile one way.. yeah started to have a little numb bum but hey its worth it. Now dunno what yer dimensions are but at 6'2 and 28(hurrmph murrph) lbs that bike doesnt care.  You shouldve seen the shocked look in my sister's husband who reminds ya of Andre the Giant after laughin then makin him ride to shut him up.. Its yer call, get a used one an work with the folks here all of em are great... I dont talk much here too much to learn... but, you provoked me and welcome to the greatest club of nuts this side of an oak tree.... Wink

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

grinnin from coast to coast
Reply #19 - 05/23/09 at 23:21:06

Tongue  Addendum  Tongue
No offense meant to the nuts on this site

or to any old farts    Tongue    
Please accept my apologies if any offended if yer offended you know you fit into one of the above .... Tongue

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #20 - 05/24/09 at 03:04:22

Had a Savage for 5 years ... thought I wanted a V-twin, so I sold the Savage ... missed it almost immediately ... after a few months decided that the VS800 wasn't my thing, so I sold it ... bought an S40 and now am happy! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Reply #21 - 05/24/09 at 16:53:07

cheap to buy   cheap to run    cheap to repair   but its a lot of fun to ride Wink

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:19:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new to s40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.