Send Topic Print
Bike runs lean - fix? (Read 90 times)
hcmiller92
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bike runs lean - fix?
05/19/09 at 13:47:17

I bought an '05 from a friend last week with only 1,600 miles.  I bought it to have a spare bike around for my daughter or SO to ride, because it's really too cramped for my 6'2" frame.  I do ride it back and forth to work and around town but after 30-40 miles, I'm done.

My question is how to adjust the carburetor so the bike stops the surging feeling I get.  I can get rid of the suging by keeping the choke closed, indicating the bike is running too lean.  All my other bikes have fuel injection so I don't know how to fix this issue and don't want to invest in a performance carburetor.

Thank you,
Curt

IP Logged
dr1445

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Bike runs lean - fix?
Reply #1 - 05/19/09 at 14:18:37

look up the white spacer mod in the tech section. also remove the plug blocking adjustment of the fuel screw.

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/19/09 at 18:08:21

hcmiller92 wrote on 05/19/09 at 13:47:17:
I bought an '05 from a friend last week with only 1,600 miles.  I bought it to have a spare bike around for my daughter or SO to ride, because it's really too cramped for my 6'2" frame.  I do ride it back and forth to work and around town but after 30-40 miles, I'm done.

My question is how to adjust the carburetor so the bike stops the surging feeling I get.  I can get rid of the suging by keeping the choke closed, indicating the bike is running too lean.  All my other bikes have fuel injection so I don't know how to fix this issue and don't want to invest in a performance carburetor.

Thank you,
Curt

Your air mixture screw (on the right side) has a brass plug blocking it. Take a drill and a screw and drill it in a few mm to remove it. Yeah, and then do the white spacer mod, and perhaps a more rich main jet. Go to the tech section and download the clymer repair manual I posted a while back.

IP Logged
hcmiller92
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/20/09 at 06:05:19

Thank you!!!

Curt

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 15:32:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike runs lean - fix?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.