Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
You don't know what you have 'til it's gone (Read 479 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Re: You don't know what you have 'til it's gone
Reply #15 - 05/17/09 at 19:24:52

i don't want a windshield purely because i don't like the way they look...my friend who is about 45 now said he used to hate them when he was my age....but now he wants comfort instead of cool...he jsut chuckles when i make a suggestion like flat black and lights on the frame....he said it's funny how when u become older your priorities change

and has anyone ever seen a gas line that sticks out of the tank and u can see how much gas is in it?? i did, and i want one!!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #16 - 05/17/09 at 20:01:57

Some day, I'll post a picture of me with my bike for your perusal.  We are quite a team, but "cool looking" is not part of our description.

It's a WalMarzuki. Smiley

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
NewThumperGuy

Lets Ride!!!!

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #17 - 05/18/09 at 06:18:17

sockmonkeygirl wrote on 05/17/09 at 15:42:30:
Verslagen, I did oil and mud wrestle my way through college.  A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.   Wink

That's HOT SMG!!!

Ha ha took my sheild of for a ride this spring. Never again lol
Huge difference in comfort and enjoyment I found.

97 LS650 T
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #18 - 05/18/09 at 22:26:24

Rocco wrote on 05/17/09 at 19:24:52:
i don't want a windshield purely because i don't like the way they look...my friend who is about 45 now said he used to hate them when he was my age....but now he wants comfort instead of cool...he jsut chuckles when i make a suggestion like flat black and lights on the frame....he said it's funny how when u become older your priorities change

and has anyone ever seen a gas line that sticks out of the tank and u can see how much gas is in it?? i did, and i want one!!!

I've thought about getting a windshield, but figure it takes less time to clean the bugs off my faceshield and/or goggles.  Plus I ride in the rain from time to time, not sure how visibility would be through one; my helmets easy enough to wipe off with the nifty little squeegee built into the thumbs on my gloves.

I've seen the "gas guage" on a few bikes in old school bike mags I get once in a while (The Horse? can't remember the name of it).  Wouldn't be real hard to do, and cheap also.  I'd always worry about some wiseazz coming by and cutting the tube and draining the tank though. Undecided

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #19 - 05/19/09 at 09:52:13

lol i hear that! i'll have to add the optional "wiper blade" on my gloves haha

we have the big old june bugs down here now, so i always wear my face shield closed even with sunglasses. i'd hate to wreck because of something stupid like that ! !

this is true! i didn't think about that...i never strap my helmet to the bike for fear of someone cutting it! good thinking, that would be a bad day !! that kind of sucks, cuz it looks so sweeeeeet!!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #20 - 05/19/09 at 20:26:20

Odds are, no one would mess with the "gas guage".  The helmet, I dunno.  I lock my helmet to the bike if I'm going in a store for a short time and no one's messed with it yet.  Always take it with me if I'm gonna be gone more than a few minutes though.  Anyone ever lost a helmet off their bike, that was locked down?  I would think unless you could repair/replace the strap, it'd be worthless. Undecided

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #21 - 05/21/09 at 14:56:54

I like my windshield.   It's easier to look around with it on. ...  no wind snap on the neck....

Long rides are easier too..... 70 mph for an hour...  like holding on to something in a hurricane... very tiring....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #22 - 07/08/09 at 18:00:16

I took my windshield off last week, just wanted to try riding without it. Well, I put it back on today.  My head too felt like a ballon being whipped around in the wind.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #23 - 07/09/09 at 05:25:39

If I'm driving on state roads at around 55 (also my age), I like to have the windshield off.  But 90% of my riding is interstate commute to and from work, keeping up with 70+ mph traffic.  Windshield is definitely a plus.  This weekend I'll be riding in the mountains....TOPLESS!!!!!!!!! Wink

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 14:31:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › You don't know what you have 'til it's gone

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.