Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Throttle lock photos needed (Read 145 times)
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Throttle lock photos needed
05/14/09 at 17:02:44

I just about have my version of a throttle lock all set to go.  At the moment though, it has a big snarl of wire ties holding it onto the handlebar/switch housing area.  

I'd love to see some photos of others' throttle lock setups, so I can decide how I want to mount my own.  Need some inspiration, folks.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Throttle lock photos needed
Reply #1 - 05/14/09 at 18:39:16

I do believe there are some photos here on the site of installed throttle locks.

I knew there was a pic of one somewhere.  Smiley Smiley

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Reply #2 - 05/17/09 at 18:07:54

Mine's like that picture shows, except I have pullback bars.  Moving the brake+mirror-clamp about 7/16-inch makes it not-quite-square with the bar end, because the pullbacks curve a lot.  But it works and the Vista Cruise lock works.

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #3 - 05/17/09 at 18:13:26

I decided that what I had going on wasn't going to work.  Back to the drawing board.  I'm currently trying to find some clamps that either use a cam lock or a flip-type latch.  I'll take it from there if I can find them.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #4 - 05/19/09 at 18:19:14

Well, I have a functioning lock.  I am not satisfied with it yet, but it does hold speed on the highway.

The clamp is a rifle scope mount, which fits our bars perfectly.  The flat bar I cut from a worn out Irwin quick grip clamp, which I chamfered to fit in the scope clamp.  The other scrap of metal was just laying around the back room.  The large ring on the throttle is actually the locknut from the hub of a Ford pickup.  By turning the black wing bolt until it rests against the large nut, the throttle is held firmly in place.  I am still trying to find a clamp, which will work better.

The goal is to do the whole project with stuff I scrounge out of my scrap heap, or get on the cheap somewhere else.

A little "chrome aluminum" colored Krylon spiffed up all the old metal pretty nicely, I thought.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 13:36:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Throttle lock photos needed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.