Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How many parts does a savage have. (Read 173 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: How many parts does a savage have.
Reply #15 - 05/15/09 at 12:58:20

The treating assemblies as 1 is because usually you tend to buy those assemblies as 1. I recently bought a carburetor, not 35 parts that made up that carb ... engine, same thing, usually they may sell off a starter here or a alternator there, but any more than that and the saleability of the thing drops like a rock.
A whole motor will sell for more than the components put together. I bought a whole good motor from my friend eyeore ... he was being nice and he had a clip that it worked etc, but I was not going to buy anything that had to have stuff located ... that motor does need a rebuild, the head gasket was made up of what looked like duct tape goo ... but still a complete motor is worth some money $, more if you can prove it runs, and even more if its useable as is, and a crank shaft + pistons + cams + rocker box + valves + springs + head casting +cases+ transmission is not.

Anyway only assemblies we have in here are engine, carb, forks, and wiring harness. What else ? Headlight - yea has 3 parts.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Duane

Creatively
Maladjusted

Terra Plane
Reply #16 - 05/15/09 at 13:01:33

“The whole is more than the sum of its parts.”
Aristotle

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. JFK

WWW duanedaringer   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 05/15/09 at 13:06:16

Duane wrote on 05/15/09 at 13:01:33:
Aristotle

Not if you are suzuki ...

BTW in the 80's and 90's (before internet) the junkyards will sell the crap for 1/2 if retail only and only 1 part at a time - you remember those days. Its now so bad that you can barely get the $$ you bought the thing for if you part it out. So many parts of this and other budget bikes you cannot give away ...
1/2 of a GS500 - rear wheel, rear shock, front suspension ... exhaust, air box and related ... much more ... totally worthless.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
marshall13

the first step is to
admit your ignorance

Fort Lauderdale FL
Reply #18 - 05/15/09 at 20:08:11

srinath wrote on 05/15/09 at 13:06:16:
Duane wrote on 05/15/09 at 13:01:33:
Aristotle

Not if you are suzuki ...

BTW in the 80's and 90's (before internet) the junkyards will sell the crap for 1/2 if retail only and only 1 part at a time - you remember those days. Its now so bad that you can barely get the $$ you bought the thing for if you part it out. So many parts of this and other budget bikes you cannot give away ...
1/2 of a GS500 - rear wheel, rear shock, front suspension ... exhaust, air box and related ... much more ... totally worthless.
Cool.
Srinath.

way sad if you have a huge pile of parts you dont want.... way joyous if you need a part!! cmon, half the appeal of this bike is the economy of it.... you can buy frames for 100 bucks or less.... a wiring harness for 25..... not that it would be cheap to build an entirely ebay bought frankenstein, but the majority of parts are a bargain....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:24:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How many parts does a savage have.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.