Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm a real Doofus (Read 205 times)
genejohnson

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

I'm a real Doofus
05/13/09 at 15:39:26

I have been trying to start this bike since I got it. (2 weeks). Until I got the Manual for it, I didn't know that it had a Clutch Switch. Once that knowledge slapped me in the face, It started with no problem.
  I have rode bikes since the Fifties and have never owned one that you had to pull in the Clutch to start! After all the headscratching over not getting it to start, I really feel stupid. I deserve your scorn. Gene

IP Logged
lokjaw777
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: I'm a real Doofus
Reply #1 - 05/13/09 at 15:41:54

thank god it's not a kick start

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #2 - 05/13/09 at 15:46:37

Just think... by June you'll figure out how to put it in first gear!

IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Reply #3 - 05/13/09 at 17:23:25

better late than never. so ride it Wink

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 05/13/09 at 17:44:54

I got 2 bikes now, one's for the brother and serves as a backup.

He doesn't have his permit yet, so he's limited to pushing it out of the garage and back in.  But a budy of his gives him his keys and he rode his sport bike home.  Went to take it back, and couldn't keep it running.  Kept stalling out every time he put in 1st.  Finally he calls me up... put the kickstand up 1st I says... ok he's off.   Grin

Untill you're real familliar with it, a lot of little things will surprise you, plan on it.  Keep an eye out for danger, and ride safe.

WWW   IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #5 - 05/13/09 at 22:09:49

If you are used to self-cancelling turn signals you'll likely forget sometimes about the turn signals flashing on this bike. Gotta manually cancel.

IP Logged
CPLgrr-USMC

First Bike Love

Camp Pendleton, CA
Reply #6 - 05/13/09 at 22:36:11

diamond jim wrote on 05/13/09 at 22:09:49:
If you are used to self-cancelling turn signals you'll likely forget sometimes about the turn signals flashing on this bike. Gotta manually cancel.  

PITA sometimes

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #7 - 05/14/09 at 09:07:35

that is nothing 2 be ashamed of! for the first couple of days i couldn't remember to turn the killswitch to run......lol

and since i still haven't changed my flasher relay, i have 2 turn my blinkers on and off real fast when turning......quick fix cuz i just wanna ride!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/14/09 at 09:17:25

diamond jim wrote on 05/13/09 at 22:09:49:

That's one of the things I like about old fashioned hand signals for turns. They have always been self canceling.

Phelonius
BTW If you have a gun in the hand you are signaling with it can be seen from much further away.

Phelonius
  IP Logged
marshall13

the first step is to
admit your ignorance

Fort Lauderdale FL
Reply #9 - 05/14/09 at 09:21:27

Rocco wrote on 05/14/09 at 09:07:35:
that is nothing 2 be ashamed of! for the first couple of days i couldn't remember to turn the killswitch to run......lol

and since i still haven't changed my flasher relay, i have 2 turn my blinkers on and off real fast when turning......quick fix cuz i just wanna ride!

check the florida regs in the tech section bro, no turn signals required... use hand sigs.... go buy the darned flasher already!!...rofl  really though, hand signals are actually safer than trying to "flash" the ts lights by manipulating the switch quickly... next turn with the quick switch technique, check out how much of your attention/time is devoted to "flashing"....hand signals are a much better idea.... it only takes a half second of distraction to give a dope in a car a chance to put you on crutches for 3 months or so....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 05/14/09 at 11:49:18

BTW If you have a gun in the hand you are signaling with it can be seen from much further away.

I Luvittt!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #11 - 05/14/09 at 13:54:20

No, embarrassing is when you convert to a manual petcock and comment to a friend that you just need to remember to turn the fuel on after firing it up, then forget to do it right after saying it and sputter to a stop because you can't figure out why you ain't getting any fuel. Don't ask  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #12 - 05/14/09 at 19:41:47

i know, i'm so lazy! and i really don't like taking my hand off the bars....and i do see the point, it is funny thinking "on...off...on....off" haha

a guy i work with claims to ride with some ruff ryders and that they all pack...he suggested that i carry when i ride...well i'm not old enough one...but two...i collect full steel older guns, like my favorite...a high standard .357 mag revolver....made by dan wesson b4 he became famous, and way b4 smith and wesson...i told him anytime he wants to strap my 6 pound full steel wood grip to his ankle...he is more then welcome! and if he wants to put bullets in it...it's gonna way more ahhahhaha

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:32:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I'm a real Doofus

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.