Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Front end wobble (Read 93 times)
vhfkid

Thumpin' in ETEX

East Texas
Front end wobble
05/13/09 at 07:50:12

OK on a ride back from Austin a couple of weeks ago I got a wobble at 50+, now yes we were riding in high winds and some rain, but when it was clear I would feel it again.

I plan on rebalancing the tire today at the local shop that's done me good.

Since the wheel is off I'm gunna change the bearings, one feels a little gritty, it seems fine but I don't wanna risk it when we ride to California next month.

I've never done the fork oil, when should I consider?

Putting on the superbrace today as well. (Not as a fix for this, just a font end work day)

Any other ideas on a bike with 5K mi as to what would cause this? I don't see or feel anything obvious with the tree or forks.

TNX
VHFKID

IP Logged
vhfkid

Thumpin' in ETEX

East Texas
Re: Front end wobble
Reply #1 - 05/13/09 at 07:56:57

OK the stealership doesn't have the bearing in stock... no surprise in a small town. I may endup driving to Dallas this weekend?!?

Can this bearing sub to another mfg. like NSK or something?

They gave me specs of 15x42x13

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 05/13/09 at 08:11:37

15 X 42 X 13 is a 6303 bearing. You can buy it in africa ...
To make sure its a 6303 ... 1 sec ...
Sorry my bad 6302 ...
The code is like this ...
6 series bearing is the 13mm width - maybe its not ... not sure what that is ... but
That first 3 = 42 mm, if its 2 it will be 35mm.
Not sure what the 0 is.
The second 2 is 15mm, if it was 3 it be 17mm and 1 is 12mm.

I know cos I am looking for a 6202 which is 15 X 35 X 11 (WTF - no clue) I am actually looking for a 14 X 35 X 11 wide ... which does not exist. Anyway, I would call a power distribution supply place (motion industries, fastenal, bearing distributors etc etc ...) and ask them for a 6302 -2 Z (steel sheilds on both sides) ... act like you know what you talking about and dont ask em ... just tell em, and say you wanna confirm dimensions before ordering ... and it wont cost ya 5 bucks a pop.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
vhfkid

Thumpin' in ETEX

East Texas
Reply #3 - 05/13/09 at 08:53:46

Thanks srinath!
That part number worked Xcellent! Motion wanted $13 ea. found another distributor down the road, $8. I confirmed the dimensions and they are the same. Thanks for the quick help, one bearing feels perfect, the other just a little gritty, I already have the wheel off, so I figure I'll do them now.

The good part was 6302 BTW

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 05/13/09 at 08:59:40

6302-2RS 15x42x13 Sealed $2.43 in quantity of 10

I would prefer sealed myself, not just shielded.

WWW   IP Logged
vhfkid

Thumpin' in ETEX

East Texas
Reply #5 - 05/13/09 at 12:21:41

Got two fully sealed bearings for $8 locally, I called 5 places and they were the cheapest.

Took the front wheel to my local shop, they put them in and checked the balance on the tire for me...for free! The balance was right on, so nothing more than a check. These guys are great!!!

I got the stuff done, and a fresh burger-fries-iced tea for $5.50!!! I was amazed Smiley

Check out www.scooterpetes.com and if you're in the area come and visit, I'll meet ya there.

Gotta put it back on the front end and see if the one bearing that was the culprit.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:21:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front end wobble

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.