Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
First bike, weighing options... (Read 225 times)
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Re: First bike, weighing options...
Reply #15 - 05/13/09 at 07:09:08

I called a place at two different times and asked them about paint. ( I have a modified sportster tank). First time I called I asked them how much to paint said Harley tank.... 550.. WHAT?? So I called later and asked how much to paint a Savage tank 250. Same color about exactly the same size tank. Crazy, I just don't get it.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 05/13/09 at 07:24:51

would you quote an earl shieb paint job on a show piece?

WWW   IP Logged
JeremySW
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/13/09 at 10:15:37

Great, thanks again for all the input. I guess my only concern was that I plan to ride it a good bit on the interstate(if only for an hour or so at a time though) and I was concerned about the 'small bike' feel of it. But hearing your guys' stories puts me at ease a bit.

Thanks again for everything. I'm going to go sit on a savage before the end of the week for sure.

There aren't a lot of used savages in my area, the only black one I've found has several thousand miles on it and is only listed for 400 bucks less than new, firm Undecided

I would love to get something lightly used at a discount so I'll keep hunting.

IP Logged
marshall13

the first step is to
admit your ignorance

Fort Lauderdale FL
Reply #18 - 05/13/09 at 10:46:31

Savage_Amusement wrote on 05/13/09 at 07:09:08:
I called a place at two different times and asked them about paint. ( I have a modified sportster tank). First time I called I asked them how much to paint said Harley tank.... 550.. WHAT?? So I called later and asked how much to paint a Savage tank 250. Same color about exactly the same size tank. Crazy, I just don't get it.

the extra 3 bills is the "i dont like it" insurance.... harley folks tend to demand perfection... your average suzi owner isnt going to check the backbone tunnel for a run, or sanding marks.... you know the sporty owner will, thus, 3 bill surcharge....

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 05/13/09 at 15:11:56

Jeremy, I have owned a lot of bikes and loved them all, but the first one was the most fun because I could make it my own and learn while doing so. This Savage is very easy to work on and doesn't require a truck load of factory tools. The cost of many of the mods discussed here are in the tens of dollars not the hundreds. I have found that many of these guys really know bikes, and love nothing more than to share. Good buys are out there. Mine was a 2004 with 4600 miles for 1900.00 (like new). My local HD dealer was hawking a used Sportster for 16K. For 1900.00 I can make all the changes I want, drive the wheels off and still get my money back...and have a hell of a lot of fun doing it!
No, it doesn't handle the freeway as well as my Goldwing did, but it handles it plenty well enough. Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:18:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › First bike, weighing options...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.