Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Gonna race the boss
05/08/09 at 19:42:03

I got my supevisor to agree to a little "Unauthorized speed contest," as the Montana Code Annotated would call it.  He rides a HD Road King with about a millon CC's and around 9000 Horse power.

Actually, I can't remember the size of the engine, but his horsepower to weight ratio is about the same as mine.  It's going to be like a RX7 Racing a New Yorker.  I think I can get him for a hundred yards or so, until he gets all that metal traveling in a straight line.  Then it'll be interesting.  He says I don't stand a chance.  I've seen his bike run, and I think he'll be surprised.

Either way, it's all in good fun.  Nothing to prove for either of us; just an experiment.

He says "There's a butt for every seat."
I ask him "Did it hurt getting yours pierced to wear that thing?" Grin

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
zilla
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Gonna race the boss
Reply #1 - 05/08/09 at 21:02:44

I remember a scenario like this a couple decades ago when my buddy thought his Chevelle could beat the boss's Corvette. Ugly ugly ending...

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #2 - 05/08/09 at 21:22:07

Slap on a Kamikaze intake, open the exhaust up and jet up accordingly. Quick, cheap power.  That would make it interesting!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 05/09/09 at 02:01:08

You need a tight course. On long straights he'll get you, but you have the "Out of the low speed corner" grunt.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #4 - 05/09/09 at 05:13:26

Several years ago a friend of mine worked for a local TV station. He owned a Dodge minivan with a V6 engine, and the station owned a similar van with the turbocharged inline four. He said when they left the driveway together, he easily got the jump on the other van. But by the time they reached highway speed the turbo let the other van pass him. I realize you are discussing motorcycles instead of vans, but thought you might find it interesting.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/09/09 at 08:17:04

I like riding my wifes Honda Helix scooter(250cc single), and racing the local Harley crowd off a light. Three hundred pounds of plastic against a thousand pounds of chrome and attitude. I love to smoke them and when the ask me what the hell it is, I tell them it is a "185cc".

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 05/09/09 at 08:46:29

JohnBoy wrote on 05/09/09 at 08:17:04:
I like riding my wifes Honda Helix scooter(250cc single), and racing the local Harley crowd off a light. Three hundred pounds of plastic against a thousand pounds of chrome and attitude. I love to smoke them and when the ask me what the hell it is, I tell them it is a "185cc".

Do you know how to make them feel real bad?  Tell 'em itsa moped.   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #7 - 05/09/09 at 11:35:19

Have fun Sandy. I know you will do the Savage proud!!!!  Win, loose or draw your bike will open his eyes to how well a single can perform.  Cool

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/09/09 at 11:46:13

Why do we feel like we have something to prove? Honestly, I love the savage and have now thought twice about picking up another bike next year. I dont feel like I have anything to prove to Harley riders or any others for that matter. Live free, ride hard!

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #9 - 05/09/09 at 11:48:59

odvelasc wrote on 05/09/09 at 11:46:13:
Why do we feel like we have something to prove? Honestly, I love the savage and have now thought twice about picking up another bike next year. I dont feel like I have anything to prove to Harley riders or any others for that matter. Live free, ride hard!

Like he said, it's just all in fun.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #10 - 05/10/09 at 08:39:35

does he have tassles on it? that'll slow him down lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #11 - 05/10/09 at 18:06:43

Nope.  But I could put my bike in one of his saddle bags and Kay's bike in the other.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:25:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Gonna race the boss

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.