Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DynaBeads for tire balancing (Read 133 times)
PTRider

DynaBeads for tire balancing
05/07/09 at 20:33:31

These work GREAT.  The bike runs smoother at speed than it did with the original tire balancing weights.  $17 for the kit with a 1oz & a 2oz tube of beads.  I put these beads into my existing tubes, although they warn against tubes that might contain oil from air compressors which will make the beads clog.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm
http://www.evolutioncycles.com/order.htm

IP Logged
voldigicam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: DynaBeads for tire balancing
Reply #1 - 07/21/09 at 14:16:14

Will see how they do - just rode over and picked some up.  The bike is "OK" at 55 w/o any weights and a new tire.  But it has two little spots I can feel.  So I have an ounce to drop in this evening!

2007 S40
2003 Volusia 40th Ann.
Friendsville, TN
  IP Logged
voldigicam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/22/09 at 05:57:22

OK, I rode to work.  Maximum of 40 mph on a moderately rough road.  So far I notice no difference from before.  If the rain holds off, I need to run into town and can go on a 65 mph smooth road.  Certainly the things aren't at all noticeable.

Note that I mounted the tire correctly to the rim so the balance was pretty good before and I only really noticed a little something at 50 mph and above.  Didn't hurt anything, anyway!

2007 S40
2003 Volusia 40th Ann.
Friendsville, TN
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #3 - 07/22/09 at 06:13:16

If you ride with another bike and he's behind you and those balls come out he's going to be sliding all over the place Wink

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 07/22/09 at 06:59:09

OK bill, I have to hand it to you ... you are worse on this forum than I am ... however I'd give you a run for your money in saying in appropriate things on gstwin, mind you its quality and timing more than quantity over there ... but well ... I like it, the other sensitivities be darned.

I have a really out of balance wheel on the front of my 2000 savage, literally let the handlebar off at any speed and it starting bouncing, literally makes me think 1/2 the bike has loose parts on it.
So I am going to cram in 2 oz of this crap in there ...

If it works, I prolly will try 2 oz of play sand next.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
voldigicam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/22/09 at 07:45:10

OK, the stuff works.  Completely smooth at 65 mph.  Tire runs beautifully.  I also used Naptha to get sticky off and it seems to have taken off the mold release, too.  Tire is a Pirelli MT66.  

I can't see any reason to put the stuff in the rear tire, but maybe I will.  It's a new Metzler.  

I'll do my truck, too.  knock the silly weights off and pour in a few ounces.

Interesting - I don't really expect products to work as advertised!

2007 S40
2003 Volusia 40th Ann.
Friendsville, TN
  IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #6 - 07/22/09 at 08:57:03

Interesting.  I see installation is pretty simple too.  Let air out, remove valve core, pour in beads, install core, reflate.  Sweet!  I can handle that!  For $12 I'll give anything a try.   Grin

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
vhfkid

Thumpin' in ETEX

East Texas
Reply #7 - 07/22/09 at 09:43:41

My local indy shop that has taken care of me will not install them in tubes, they're worried about the oil clogging them, as mentioned above. From feedback I've heard around town, they are great for tubeless. I'd rather a real weight and ride-on slime in my tire if I didn't have a tube.
Just my .02  Smiley

IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #8 - 07/22/09 at 10:04:38

Most small air compressors are oil-free.  Larger or industrial quality air compressors that are oil lubricated will put some oil out with the air, especially as they get worn.  Good oil & water separators are available to clean the air, but the separators need to be maintained.

(The last large diesel engine I worked on was started by 450 psi air injected into the cylinders in the proper sequence to roll the engine over, then once rolling the air was cut off and fuel injected.  The air went through a starting air distributor then air start valves in each cylinder head.  The engine was 57,000 hp, reversible, straight-12 two stroke, heavy black 250°F fuel oil, direct connected to the ship's propeller shaft (no clutch or gear box).  We had three 100 hp compressors for this starting air as well as smaller 100 psi compressors for shop air.)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:13:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › DynaBeads for tire balancing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.