Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
BLASTem (Read 534 times)
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: BLASTem
Reply #15 - 05/10/09 at 19:21:13

I thought it was funny when I discovered the stock horn on my '06 S40 and the stock horn on my '78 280Z I had in high school were the exact same horn.  Since the 280Z horn still had a good factory black paint job, I swapped out pieces with the bike's horn.  

« Last Edit: 05/15/09 at 14:46:41 by diamond jim »  
  IP Logged
vhfkid

Thumpin' in ETEX

East Texas
Reply #16 - 05/11/09 at 08:50:04

sluggo wrote on 05/10/09 at 17:33:27:
i've got a real loud buick horn.  scrares the crap out of the bluehairs

Got any pics? I'd love to see how it's mounted!

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #17 - 05/11/09 at 15:26:40

that bike is gorgeous!

i don't care what the horn sounds like....i want bars like that!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
CPLgrr-USMC

First Bike Love

Camp Pendleton, CA
Reply #18 - 05/13/09 at 21:57:05

Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 05/08/09 at 19:59:16:
Instead of spending your money on a new horn, try this:

1.) Raise the face shield on your helmet.  

2.) Extend middle finger vertically and display in a prominent fashion.

3.) At the top of your voice, yell "Get your boney a$$ out of the $%!#% street you %$$#! idiot!"

4.) Go spend your horn money on a chocolate coffee at McDonalds.

Boy, will you feel dandy. Smiley

word

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #19 - 05/14/09 at 19:46:18

lol my dad and many of my friends are devil dogs...gotta love em! that's kind of their answer for everything.....crush whatever gets in the way....our senior grandmaster is a marine, and teaches special forces....he's only 5'7" but ways probably 250....he's a blacksmith when he's not training....actually i call it ripping things apart as opposed 2 training when he's around!

since we're now on the subject of confrontation i wonder if the guys in the car next to us...who's girl is checking out the bike....will ever say anything....lol just be careful what u ask for!

i've learned the ones that are nice and smile alot...are the most dangerous hahhaa Grin

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #20 - 05/15/09 at 02:12:20

Rocco wrote on 05/14/09 at 19:46:18:
i've learned the ones that are nice and smile alot...are the most dangerous hahhaa Grin

I won't flatter myself that people think that I'm "dangerous". Grin  Always nice, quiet, polite, etc.  Everyone says that's the ones to look out for, but I've never actually been in a fight in my life.  Although the one time I was mad enough to, the guy locked himself in his car, so maybe there's a thread of truth there afterall? Undecided  Ah well, I stick my my motto: I'm a lover, not a fighter! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #21 - 05/15/09 at 05:54:22

Not me.  This bike has turned me into one Baaaaad dude.  I've even started contemplating lane splitting and (gasp) I might just start parking on the sidewalk next to the door at Walmart.

Next I'll be drinking caffeinated cola and dancing in public if things don't slow down a little.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #22 - 05/15/09 at 06:06:56

Talk about a wiiiild and crazy guy! Cheesy  If I tried lane splitting in Portland, I'd probably get doored.  Plus, it's illegal, according to that State Laws thread.  No no in WA and OR.  I don't park on the sidewalk; I need all the extra exercise I can get! Tongue

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #23 - 05/15/09 at 09:08:01

we learn in kenpo that the guy screaming and making a show is the scared one...the quiet guy just wants him 2 get closer lol

and ironically enough i haven't been in a fight since i started training...i use it all the time but never a full out fist fight....probably because u learn 2 be aware of problems b4 they start

GASP!!! regular cola??????? lol i would inject mountain dew in my veins if it didn't leave marks aahhahahaa

IP Logged
Duane

Creatively
Maladjusted

Terra Plane
Reply #24 - 05/15/09 at 13:18:39

I'd don't have blood any more just mountain dew.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. JFK

WWW duanedaringer   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #25 - 05/15/09 at 14:16:29

John_D FSO wrote on 05/15/09 at 06:06:56:
Talk about a wiiiild and crazy guy! Cheesy  If I tried lane splitting in Portland, I'd probably get doored.  Plus, it's illegal, according to that State Laws thread.  No no in WA and OR.  I don't park on the sidewalk; I need all the extra exercise I can get! Tongue

When I was a noob, I figured I'd better be good, no lane splitting.  Very quickly I changed my mind cause I was dodging cagers left and right to blind to see the bike next to them.  Figgured it's better to be where they can see you or they can't go.

WWW   IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #26 - 05/15/09 at 17:43:48

I learned the subtle art of splitting lanes by following the CHP bikes on the San Bernadino Freeway while commuting to grad school.  It sometimes looked like a mother duck followed by her ducklings -- we'd always let the CHP by.  I learned a lot by watching where, when and figuring out why the cop would stop splitting and ride into one of the lanes.

Of course, it's not legal here in Missouri, but sometimes I get real close to the lane divider and just merge into the one that's moving.  Cool

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #27 - 05/15/09 at 23:17:04

Just put on one of the Autozone horns. No mounting changes, connections are the same. 132db. Noticably louder. $19.99.
Of course it won't do a thing for the dingbat that was driving, applying mascara, AND talking on her cell phone; all at the same time!
If only they'd give me a motorcycle mounted death ray. Angry

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #28 - 05/16/09 at 11:13:31

hahaah i bleed code red as well! some bleed ford blue, or packard green....but i bleed good old dew!

they say dew lowers your "seed count"....i then asked my friend how many little "me's" he wanted in this world....he poured me another one right there ! !  Wink

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #29 - 05/16/09 at 11:28:16

Mountain Dew = Ambrosia in my book.

http://www.atom.com/funny_videos/essence_force/

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3