Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need a deeper sound...... (Read 222 times)
DNW VZ800
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Need a deeper sound......
05/06/09 at 19:09:22

Can you drill out the end of the exhaust the same way as you can on the M50.....with 6 1/4"holes? Will it work the same to deepen the sound

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: Need a deeper sound......
Reply #1 - 05/06/09 at 19:48:44

Hey DNW.  I think I've seen you over on M-J.com.  This question is more appropriate for the Rubber Side Down section.  The Tech Section is for technical reference stuff.  RSD will get you more replies.  But to answer your question- not really.  Nor can you debaffle it like the M50.  But it's 100x easier and cheaper to replace the muffler than on the M50.

IP Logged
DNW VZ800
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/07/09 at 03:02:05

Thanks DJ for your help and direction......yes I spend time on the MJ site as I have a 07 M50 and my girl friend has a 06 S40.

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #3 - 05/17/09 at 05:48:15

I hate to argue with someone like Jim, because I usually end up looking silly.  Nonetheless, you can pull that back plate off and the stuffing will pop right out in your hand.  

Here is the thread I put up last summer that shows I'm not dreaming...

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1212632286/12#12

I ran the bike that way for many miles, until the Jardine slip-on I won came in the mail.  It sounded much better than stock, and was reversible with about five minutes' work.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #4 - 05/18/09 at 06:23:51

Good call, Sandy.  I've never tried that with the S40 muffler.  I am familiar with the M50 exhaust and do see some differences.  But I'd put my money on the person that has actually done it, you, than one who hasn't, me.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #5 - 05/18/09 at 07:18:08

If you set the search screen to all posts and search on Hartman - you find the most famous of this type of modification to the savage muffler - always seemed like more work than it was worth - but if you lived in place where you could not replace the muffler such a thing might be worth while.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:30:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need a deeper sound......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.