Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
one thing after another HELP!!! (Read 389 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
one thing after another HELP!!!
05/05/09 at 20:07:57

ok, so i got the turn signals back on...we had pinched a wire boltin everything back 2gether....but now they are off and then stay on when activated....so now i have blinkers that don't blink...somebody shoot me!

what makes them blink? and please tell me how 2 fix it!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: one thing after another HELP!!!
Reply #1 - 05/05/09 at 20:10:32

so your flashers don't flash?

check the flasher under the tank.

WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #2 - 05/05/09 at 20:14:02

is it under the gas tank itself? is it hard 2 take the tank off?

whats the black rubber boot covered thing directly under the seat?

whats the white box and wires under the left "savage" cover???

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #3 - 05/05/09 at 20:30:54

i think the one directly in the middle under the seat is a flasher relay?

i saw a price for 50 bucks...there's gotta be something cheaper i can use

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/05/09 at 21:08:42

the signal relay is under the tank on the right hand side of the frame. Little black box. You can get a new thermal relay from advance auto, pep boys, etc. I paid $3 for mine. Looks nothing like the original but it works fine.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 05/05/09 at 21:30:37

Rocco wrote on 05/05/09 at 20:14:02:
is it under the gas tank itself? is it hard 2 take the tank off?

whats the black rubber boot covered thing directly under the seat?

whats the white box and wires under the left "savage" cover???

flasher is under the tank on the right side
thingy under the seat is the starter relay
white box is the CDI unit.

WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #6 - 05/05/09 at 23:15:38

i removed this but it wasn't under the tank, it was under the seat

OH YEAH! when we took the lights apart, we had pinched a wire to the turn signal and i assume it was touching the frame, a little heat shrink and everything is good!

except now they stay on lol

i took out the above part because i think it's the flasher relay....but i read here it's supposed 2 be under the tank...this was under the seat!

am i just making things worse?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 05/05/09 at 23:47:43

Them some pretty BIG wars fer flashin lights. That thing right there looks big enough to handle some major current, like maybe, for a starter motor even,, hint,, hint..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #8 - 05/05/09 at 23:50:15

did i remove the flasher relay or the starter relay? i just want the bike to run again so i can go cruising.....

i've read both places(under tank and not under tank) on here, plus this picture, i just want a confirmation......

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #9 - 05/05/09 at 23:52:04

crap, if i removed the starter relay how much does one of those cost? cuz i don't want to bother putting the old one in...also please tell me it comes with the little bracket cuz i bent the crap outta the old one trying 2 take it out

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 05/05/09 at 23:52:31

Thats the starter solenoid. You may notice the big wires run from battery to starter.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #11 - 05/06/09 at 00:00:28

well that just sux...it sparked a couple of times while i removed it with a screw driver...i guess i'll have 2 get a new one then....

i found the above image on a website 2 buy them....they apparently have the wrong image and that's y i removed it....it was a pain in the butt to remove btw....so now i still have 2 remove the tank and get a new flasher relay........

backfire is a great name for my bike huh.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 05/06/09 at 00:09:55

Before you put it back, stop & look around a while. Maybe pulling the ground off the battery would save you some grief? You cant get a spark out of it if the battery is not in the circuit. All ya gotta do is pull the ground off the battery, then its no longer able to make a spark.
Just because you made a few sparks, no reason to need a new solenoid.
Dont sweat it. Dont do it any more tho..it aint cool.. Might want to check fuses,,
Pulling the tank,, different for different bikes. I can get mine off with the petcock still in it, some folks have to drain the tank & pull the petcock.
Mine is not easy to get off, I have to slide it back, lift the rear up, slap it to the left to unhook the petcock from under the frame, then its good to go.

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #13 - 05/06/09 at 04:54:19

Rocco, you need to slow down a little.  Get the service manual.  Here's a link.  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-LS650-Savage-Service-Repair-Manual-LS-6...

Take some time to read it and learn about the bike before you do some damage. I'm not bustin' on you here but rather wanting to get you educated before you start diggin' around some more.  While waiting a few days for the SSM to arrive, spend some time surfing the tech section.  Like most members here I knew a lot about bikes but still I had to take the time to learn about the LS650.  Learning will save you time, money and give you the confidence to do the work.  Trust me, once you know more about the bike, you'll discover more ways to mod things and how to do it at the lowest cost.  I remember taking a few days to surf through all 300 pages of RSD and 7-8 pages of the TS.  This time investment will be well worth it.  Not only will you know more about the bike in general, but when you go to do something you'll be more successful at searching and finding posts about it cause you'll know if you've seen it on here already and you'll know the right keywords to search and find it again.  

IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Reply #14 - 05/06/09 at 05:04:33

SmileyA lot of problems found with the savage or s40 is do to a loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat. Grin

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 12:32:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › one thing after another HELP!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.