Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MTI COURSE COMPLETED!!!! (Read 141 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
MTI COURSE COMPLETED!!!!
05/03/09 at 14:32:02

just finished the 3 day basic riders course...it was awesome! i was a little nervous for the test and even stalled a little bit right before it but i did everything almost perfect! i'm on my way right now to ride 2 my friend's and install those new turn signals!

i'm also thinking about buying a textile jacket a grad present...for myself haha

but i had an amazing day and i'm sure my night will be just as good!

p.s...i think this being my 50th post, i'm no longer a newbie Grin

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: MTI COURSE COMPLETED!!!!
Reply #1 - 05/03/09 at 14:37:01

When you think your not a newbie... JUNIOR!   lol

Congrats on your great day!

Wolf  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #2 - 05/03/09 at 14:39:24

Congrat's Junior!!!!!

Last year I took the Experienced Rider Course (MSF).  Here in PA, you use your own bike on the ERC.  

I was the only person with zero points deducted.  I think a lot of that has to do with the LS650.   Light, agile and torquey, perfect to courses....

have fun, ride safe

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #3 - 05/03/09 at 15:33:18

Way to go Rocco!!!  Sound like it one of those life defining moments. I still remember the day I got my MC license way back when.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Re: MTI COURSE COMPLETED!!!! i need help now!
Reply #4 - 05/03/09 at 21:19:48

thank u thank u! so i took my fresh license, went 2 a friend's and put on the new rear turn signals...then went for about a half hour ride through the night....then met my girl and sister @ sonic...on the way the blinkers didn't blink just stayed on...my left one has a "sweet spot" so i didn't think anything of it....so i pull in, shut her off and she doesn't turn back on....no lights, no horn....no run....i had 2 push her home(about a mile and a half)

PLEASE tell me i didn't hurt anything with the new rear blinkers, how 2 see if it is the battery, how 2 charge the battery, and how to remove it...i looked in the technical but couldn't find much...gonna look again....

my fun has come 2 a hault but i'm still smiling lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 05/03/09 at 23:05:54

check the fuses

you probably got a short under the seat

WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #6 - 05/04/09 at 04:05:05

Get yourself a Clymer's manual off EBay... It'll run you $25, but will give you a breakdown of everything with the bike.

As said above, it's probably just a short in the wiring somewhere under the seat. Did you solder and heat shrink the connections you did today on the signals? The fuses are under the right side of the seat (sitting on the bike) in a small white container. They're both 20A.

As a quick "how-to" to access the battery. Remove the chrome toll box cover. Remove the 3 screws holding in the backing plate (1 up top, 2 on the bottom). The black backing plate will pull off and you'll have access to the battery. I always remove the negative battery cable first (left side of the bike, sitting on it) and then the positive side. I use a 10 mm wratcheting wrench. You'll have the drain (or is it a vent?) tube on the stock battery...

I went with a Big Crank right away. I left my lights on 1 time and it killed the stock battery. I could've recharged it, and got it running... But, the idea of a dry cell, sealed battery was a much nicer idea. I run similar batteries in my other vehicles and they are so much nicer.

At any rate... That'll get you into the battery. Installation is the reverse.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #7 - 05/04/09 at 06:59:15

i def need a manual!

and no we wrapped and electrical taped them....hopefully that didn't hurt anything....i think the battery was just dying because it was giving me trouble to start...if it was a short it would have happened right away right?

and my battery does have a vent tube...it said so on the side....that means it is the stock battery....maybe the original....if it's from '95 then i may just get a new one...i'm gonna bring it over to cycle gear and see what they say...they've been pretty helpful so far.....more then other shops i visit!

hopefully it's something easy like battery or fuse.....i wanna ride!! lol

IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Reply #8 - 05/04/09 at 07:03:12

LOOK ON AMAZON.COM FOR A MANUAL YOU CAN GET NEW OR USED GOOD WORK ON THE CLASS Wink

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #9 - 05/04/09 at 07:31:54

Isn't there a Clymers version online somewhere? Well, I know there is 'cause I downloaded it. I just don't remember where from, but I got the info on here somewhere. It is a version for the bikes before my year but I think it covers your year Rocco. $25.00 can buy some good stuff to start working on your seat with for comfort's sake. Do a search on here or someone give him the info.

Jack

IP Logged
marine5317
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lecanto,FL
Reply #10 - 05/04/09 at 08:04:36

Congrats on completing your saftey course. As to your turn signal problems, go up top of this page to the menu bar and click on CD. It's a great buy worth every penny just to look at the close-up pics of what we ride. you'll love all the great info if you get it.

Ride Safe
                                                                                 Marine 5317

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #11 - 05/04/09 at 09:19:50

The CD is a great deal. As they say "A picture is worth a thousnd words."
For $25 you get a crysyal clear pictorial of how the bike goes together.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Cipolino
YaBB Newbies

Easy riders live
longer!

Cyprus
Reply #12 - 05/04/09 at 10:08:01

i think i downloaded manuals from here, not sure, long time ago
http://savageriders.yuku.com/topic/75
if not, pm me and i send u email

'93 yellow savage, seat mod, SE exhaust, 152 main & 52.5 pilot, cone air filter, drag bar, 4" risers, Ed L fwctrl
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #13 - 05/04/09 at 10:30:13

Is $25 all that much to pay so that you HAVE the manual? I mean really... Sure, a PDF version is ok to have, unless you actually want to work on the bike while looking at the manual.

The Savage Companion CD is a nice addition too. I've got the manual and the CD and with both of them I'm covered.

FWIW - If I were you, I'd go back over those electrical taped connections and use a heat shrink tube on them. Electrical tape is an ok fix... But over time, it's going to dry out, crack, and let go, leaving you with bare wires. The local hardware store sells 10 or 20 packs of heat shrink tubes in various colors for a few $$ a pack. Buy a pack and keep them handy for the next time you need to splice some wires together.

Remember... Most of the bike is open to the elements at some point. I wouldn't want to risk blowing a fuse when you're out riding if you wouldn't happen to have a spare on you.

Also - If you're going to replace the battery... Check out the Big Cranks (or a similar dry cell battery). Eliminates most/all maintenance with the battery, discharges a lot less (so that if you put the bike away for the winter, you don't have to keep it on a tender the entire time, or possibly at all), and you get rid of the drain tube, filling, etc.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #14 - 05/04/09 at 12:18:48

i def need the manual, and i'd prefer it on hand while i'm next to the bike!

well i charged the battery and nothing, changed the fuses and everything ok....except the blinkers stayed on again and then everything cut off again...would a bad connection that we did cause this?

i'm so anxious 2 ride and this is killing me....friggin turn signals!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 03:21:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › MTI COURSE COMPLETED!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.