Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Been a "Guest" on this website for too long now... (Read 338 times)
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Re: Been a "Guest" on this website for too long no
Reply #15 - 05/03/09 at 14:35:22

Welcome!!!  You have found a great bike, and a great site for support.
If you have a question, chances are its been addressed on this site somewhere.  Grin

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #16 - 05/03/09 at 17:36:30

A guy I know owns a 750 shadow.  One day he lets me take it for a spin and I let him ride my chopped Savage.

no character at all.  It had better suspension and was smoother, but the magic wasn't happening.  He came back with smiles all over his face.  

The best way to really make yourself fall in love with this bike and stand out from the twins is to replace the lawnmower muff with a new exhaust.  Let the engine breath and roar in its thumpthump glory.  I live on a campus with several thousand people and when I tell someone that I ride the bike that sounds like a helicopter, they know what I'm talking about. Cool

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #17 - 05/03/09 at 18:28:25

False Illusion wrote on 05/03/09 at 07:09:36:
I live in the Southwest quadrant of Ohio. Raised in Xenia. Land of the tornadoes!  Grin  

Aww, you're just the tail end of Tornado Alley -- Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas and Missouri are their true natural habitat!

Yup, I've heard of Xenia -- it's pretty much a mandatory stop on any of those "Ride the Alphabet" tours!

Welcome to the site -- we all have one great thumper!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #18 - 05/03/09 at 19:48:54

Bobbert wrote on 05/03/09 at 17:36:30:
A guy I know owns a 750 shadow.  One day he lets me take it for a spin and I let him ride my chopped Savage.

no character at all.  It had better suspension and was smoother, but the magic wasn't happening.  He came back with smiles all over his face...  

Same story for me recently riding a VTX1800, V-Star 1100 and a V-Star 650.  None have the quickness, agility or the rider room (yeah, that's right) since I've done mods to my thumper.

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 05/03/09 at 19:59:21

I sat on some guys stock 800 intruder the other day. I gotta say it was pretty darn nice. If nothing else I gotta say that seat is WAY better than the savage seat. Then again I haven't gotten to modding my seat yet. The shaft drive really turns me off though. IF (big if) I did "move up" Id take a serious look at the intruder.

IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #20 - 05/04/09 at 04:24:47

drharveys - FSO wrote on 05/03/09 at 18:28:25:
I live in the Southwest quadrant of Ohio. Raised in Xenia. Land of the tornadoes!  Grin  

Yup, I've heard of Xenia -- it's pretty much a mandatory stop on any of those "Ride the Alphabet" tours!

It's amazing to me how many people I've run into that have heard of Xenia. The only thing we are known for are our tornados (especially the Big One in '74...Pres. Nixon showed up for that one Shocked) and the fact that Agnes Moorehead...the mother in law in the TV show "Bewitched"...was born there. Cheesy

I have to say though, and you probably experience this too, DR, when you live in regions like ours...the people are amazing survivors and help each other out like no ones business...

The people of Xenia, especially the older folks, are really true to their city subtitle...."The City of Hospitality".

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #21 - 05/04/09 at 10:15:23

sockmonkeygirl wrote on 05/03/09 at 03:01:23:
Hello.

Where's my beer?  I'll take a Sam Adams.  Bostons finest!!  

BTW, where are you from, FI?  Welcome!

Now, where's that beer you mentioned?   Tongue

Hey sockmonkeygirl! I live in the Southwest quadrant of Ohio. Raised in Xenia. Land of the tornadoes!  Grin  

Welcome to the site!

There are a few other Ohioans in the crowd.  I was born/raised in Bethel but now I'm from the eastern suburbs of Cincinnati.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #22 - 05/06/09 at 06:55:24

sjaskow - FSO wrote on 05/04/09 at 10:15:23:
sockmonkeygirl wrote on 05/03/09 at 03:01:23:
Hello.

Where's my beer?  I'll take a Sam Adams.  Bostons finest!!  

BTW, where are you from, FI?  Welcome!

Now, where's that beer you mentioned?   Tongue

Hey sockmonkeygirl! I live in the Southwest quadrant of Ohio. Raised in Xenia. Land of the tornadoes!  Grin  

Welcome to the site!

There are a few other Ohioans in the crowd.  I was born/raised in Bethel but now I'm from the eastern suburbs of Cincinnati.

Bethel...east of Xenia on 71...yep. Wink

So your living in the Queen City, now...

My Father-I-L grew up in St. Bernard.

My Wife and Mother-I-L take the kids to the Cincy Zoo pretty frequently...

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #23 - 05/06/09 at 07:52:24

FI -

As you can see, I'm in Columbus.  We have a few members in northeastern Ohio, and I think, one in Toledo, but can't recall who.  It would be nice if all of us would put our location in our signature or on the left in the ID panel.

Welcome aboard !!

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #24 - 05/06/09 at 11:20:41

Thanks and nice to meet you, Jerry! Consider it done!
Wink

IP Logged
speedingman

Take'n it one day at
a time

Reply #25 - 05/09/09 at 14:27:32

welcome!

WWW   IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #26 - 05/09/09 at 18:42:30

Huzzah and welcome! The only reason them other bikes gots two cylinders is because they're skeered one of them may break! Cheesy

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:15:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Been a "Guest" on this website for too long now...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.