Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Lancer's performance cam (Read 812 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Lancer's performance cam
Reply #15 - 05/04/09 at 18:26:36

I need to clarify since I did not know about Lancer's second generation performance cam. I have his first gen. performance cam.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #16 - 05/04/09 at 18:34:02

marshall13 wrote on 05/04/09 at 15:13:25:
the pics of lancer's cam on ebay show straight lobes, no commas... these cams are both basically analogs of v-8 "torquer/towing" performance cams... as the savage's bore/stroke dimensions and rev range are close to those of the big detroit iron, it's by far the proper choice.... the second grind cam is bordering on the "performance" cam lift/duration, which is why he says it's only for modified engines... the 90-93 dr650 cam has duration like a v-8 "high-performance" cam, just less lift.... lancer's cams arent so much "hot-rod" bump-sticks, they're more efficient breathers.... the loads on the various parts of the timing, intake, exhaust systems should be very close to stock... by what ive seen here, lancer's cam, diamond jim's kamikaze intake, and a low restriction exhaust (something resembling a baffled harley big twin drag pipe) is a near ideal combo for these machines.... though i think the stock headpipe is too large in diameter... a 1 1/2 inch pipe would be better....think  pushrod v-8 when you think about mods to these beasties, and you'll find what you want....

Well said; the primary purpose at the core of the project with Webcam was to create a cam profile which maximizes EFFICIENCY.  Good usable power and torque to enabe the engine to work well without over extending it capabilities.  It is a joy to ride.

IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/05/09 at 06:42:03

.... Thats nice to hear...   lol  Wink    

so what oil do you use LANCER    Huh  Huh   lol  

I can't wait... my soon Savage make over... engine first!

Wolf

1999 Raask 60mm dragpipe, LANCER cam, versalvy, jetset in hand,(what ones???)   more to come... a 660 in the offering...  Lips Sealed

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 16:31:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Lancer's performance cam

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.