Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Concerning my carb problems ( update) (Read 236 times)
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Smoky Mountains Tennessee
Re: Concerning my carb problems ( update)
Reply #15 - 05/02/09 at 05:30:47

I think he said that smaller than a 15 the hole is soo small it is easily clogged with any amount of sedement or just whatever, just beggin for problems. I got a rebuild kit for 15 dollars on ebay and replaced my float  valve seat. If it's working right it will stop gas flowing into your carb like right now.  But I had to adjust float level when I did that so pay attention, not a hard thing to do at all.
Well after all this trouble your gonna know a lot about vm carbs!
Get the brackets yet?
Seviersavage

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 05/02/09 at 08:08:55

Yeah, I am on my way to being a carb pro. I bled it this morning. But it was too early in the a.m on a saturday to start it. Will tune the idle around noon. Yeah I got the brackets on monday. They look good, have yet to install. Carb is first priority lol

IP Logged
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Reply #17 - 05/02/09 at 14:40:51

odvelasc wrote on 05/02/09 at 05:11:40:
smokin_blue wrote on 05/02/09 at 04:54:27:
I am sorry but I have not followed your full trail in detail.  If you are having rich issues on the low end have you ruled out

1. a leaking float valve/seat?
2. float with a gas in it
3. float set too high (low when carb tipped over)

Your comment about the raptor petcock leaving gas on the floor in the off position would indicate you don't have a great seal on your float valve/seat.

So then a rebuild kit is needed?

I personally don't search out rebuild kits but replace only what is needed but that is my approach having wrenched on as many carbs as I have.  

First if you have the black floats you are probably fine.  If you have the brass floats take them out and carefully shake it and make sure it doesn't have a pin hole allowing gas in.  Smokin Blue (two stroke twin) sunk a float once and it would load up and foul out and then clear out and just about blow the exhaust off it.  If the float is fine then I would take out the needle valve and seat (see Item 34 below)  If you are missing the gasket 33 that could do it.  Carefully take out the needle from the seat once you have it out of the carb body and inspect for any dirt or nicks down in the valve seat.  Then look at the needle tip.  It will either be a rubber tipped metal piece or all metal.  Escpecially pay attention if it is all metal.  If so look very closely and see if there is any wear on the face of the cone of the tip.  This can happen from vibration.  The old style had metal tips then they introduced rubber tips to try to solve that problem.  I don't honestly know what they have stuck with.  I have had good luck with both and have only seen a few worn ones but when they are worn they flood the carb and could really mess with your idle and just off idle.  At that point you end up with too much gas too high up in the float bowl and blows your low end mixture off.

You can maybe get a rebuild kit but here is the Sudco (Mikuni distributor) web site pages

http://www.sudco.com/Carburetor01.html

Take a look at
http://www.sudco.com/CatalogJPG/121.jpg

It is assembly 34 and make sure you have the fiber gasket 33 in place.

WWW   IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 05/02/09 at 17:27:07

smokin_blue wrote on 05/02/09 at 14:40:51:
odvelasc wrote on 05/02/09 at 05:11:40:
smokin_blue wrote on 05/02/09 at 04:54:27:
I am sorry but I have not followed your full trail in detail.  If you are having rich issues on the low end have you ruled out

1. a leaking float valve/seat?
2. float with a gas in it
3. float set too high (low when carb tipped over)

Your comment about the raptor petcock leaving gas on the floor in the off position would indicate you don't have a great seal on your float valve/seat.

So then a rebuild kit is needed?

I personally don't search out rebuild kits but replace only what is needed but that is my approach having wrenched on as many carbs as I have.  

First if you have the black floats you are probably fine.  If you have the brass floats take them out and carefully shake it and make sure it doesn't have a pin hole allowing gas in.  Smokin Blue (two stroke twin) sunk a float once and it would load up and foul out and then clear out and just about blow the exhaust off it.  If the float is fine then I would take out the needle valve and seat (see Item 34 below)  If you are missing the gasket 33 that could do it.  Carefully take out the needle from the seat once you have it out of the carb body and inspect for any dirt or nicks down in the valve seat.  Then look at the needle tip.  It will either be a rubber tipped metal piece or all metal.  Escpecially pay attention if it is all metal.  If so look very closely and see if there is any wear on the face of the cone of the tip.  This can happen from vibration.  The old style had metal tips then they introduced rubber tips to try to solve that problem.  I don't honestly know what they have stuck with.  I have had good luck with both and have only seen a few worn ones but when they are worn they flood the carb and could really mess with your idle and just off idle.  At that point you end up with too much gas too high up in the float bowl and blows your low end mixture off.

You can maybe get a rebuild kit but here is the Sudco (Mikuni distributor) web site pages

http://www.sudco.com/Carburetor01.html

Take a look at
http://www.sudco.com/CatalogJPG/121.jpg

It is assembly 34 and make sure you have the fiber gasket 33 in place.

I will hang on to the stock petcock. I took a long run and it seems to be running well.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 23:22:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Concerning my carb problems ( update)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.