Send Topic Print
what new battery? (Read 101 times)
mrplease
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

what new battery?
04/29/09 at 12:24:52

what is a good inexpensive battery to get? and where should i pick one up at? the local suzuki dealership said they would have to order it and it would take until monday to get it. well thats a little longer than i wanted to wait...

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Re: what new battery?
Reply #1 - 04/29/09 at 12:34:11

I went with a BigCrank... It's a dry cell battery, so there's no filling, no venting, etc.

It's not the cheapest solution... But, I decided it was hands down better than a standard battery.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SavageDanny

I ate what?

Kansas City, Missouri
Reply #2 - 04/29/09 at 12:42:29

I bought a sealed battery at a Batteries+ store. They had it on the shelf. Price was a little cheaper than a Big Crank but not by much.

Flat Black 88

WWW SavageDanny   IP Logged
SURAZAL

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ALBANY NY
Reply #3 - 04/29/09 at 12:58:44

went to NAPA and it was listed at 63 because of reversed terminals the standard was 29.99 so I cut out the battry case with a mot tool 10 mins work and let the drain tube run upward taped to the frame under the gas tank ... works fine and not having to extend the harnes cables either good luck ...

IP Logged
mrplease
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/30/09 at 09:08:01

went to batteries plus and got an extreme 2 with a 2 year warranty for $79.99 and i had a 10% off coupon on top of that!

IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #5 - 04/30/09 at 11:58:38

Start calling motorcycle shops, battery stores, and every other place that sells vehicle batteries listed in your local Yellow Pages for a YB14L-B2 or equivalent.  Expect to pay about $60.  Or, as said above, buy a cheaper one and make some modifications to the battery box.  Adding longer cables that cross to terminals on the other side of the battery should be easy enough for many of us.  

The recommended capacity is 190 Cold Cranking Amps.  Here are the specs that should match any brand of battery:
http://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_eStore/Products/RT/PID-YB14L-B2(MotorCy...

By the way, the Big Crank battery is not a dry cell.  It is a sealed absorbed glass mat (AGM) lead acid battery.  These are spill proof, possibly more resistant to vibration damage, and never require replenishment of distilled water.

Batteries are dated, and the general rule is to avoid any over 6 months old, and try for one no more than 3 months old, but...but many motorcycle batteries are shipped without the acid which is added when sold, and they don't start to age until the acid is added.

IP Logged
vhfkid

Thumpin' in ETEX

East Texas
Reply #6 - 04/30/09 at 15:20:10

I bought one for my wifes bike online at batteryxpress for under $40 after shipping (Two months ago). Two dollars later for battery acid from the local interstate dealer and I was good to go! It was the cheapest way I found in three days of searching for different batteries, both online and in stores.

Of course the big crank or Batteries Plus, or Sears sealed AGM batteries will be nicer and probably last a little longer.

Here's their link, they got it to me in Two days! I was impressed by the ground shipping and how quickly they got it to me.
http://www.batteryxpress.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=98

« Last Edit: 04/30/09 at 19:14:19 by vhfkid »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 15:28:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › what new battery?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.