Send Topic Print
consigliatemi (Read 281 times)
sandrino
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

consigliatemi
04/23/09 at 23:50:12

hello I wanted to ask yourself what do I change my savage? thanks to everyone and pray through photos forum stupendo bellissimo

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: consigliatemi
Reply #1 - 04/23/09 at 23:58:08

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You hold the bike, so please yourself.

WWW   IP Logged
sandrino
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/24/09 at 00:04:13

I just wanted advice on what type and how to change exhaust and other platforms

IP Logged
LazyLemming
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/24/09 at 00:42:23

I think what Vers is trying to say, what do you want?  There's alot of things you can do and which is best depends on what you're wanting to do.  Do you want to make it look better? make it go faster? make it more comfortable?

Decide what YOU want out of the bike, and then I'm sure the folks here can give you some great advice on how to do it.  They sure did for me...

IP Logged
sandrino
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/24/09 at 00:45:48

thanks so much about how to start self-made platforms on how to build and thanks to all measures

IP Logged
ineclipse

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/24/09 at 01:18:04

If you're looking for cosmetic changes your limits are few aside from what work you're willing to do and how much money you can spend. Many cosmetic changes also have practicle applications. A few have used fuel tanks from harley sportsters as well as other bikes which changes the look of the bike aswell as adding greater fuel capacity. Seat modifications allow for more comfort and different style. Choices range from modifying the stock seat pan and padding to installing entirely different seats. A few here have gone with springer seats which raise the seat height allowing for more leg room. One member added a Harley Girder front end. I assume to avoid changing the oil in the stock forks. It also adds alot of style and will change the feel of the bike while riding. A number of people have converted from belt drive to chain drive in order to be able to play with final gear ratios. I run 16t front and 41t rear for better fuel consumption and less vibration on highways aswell as a slightly higher top speed. If i put a 50 t rear sproket on I could probably destroy any other bike in a drag race from 0-60mph (if i were able to keep the front wheel on the ground). Chain also has the advantage of being easily fixed if you're far from home. I also switched from the stock spoked wheels to tubeless cast wheels from a GS450 to avoid changing/repairing inner tubes in the event of a flat tire. Forward controls from Ed L here on the site allow for more leg room. There are a number of options for mufflers (harley Dyna/Sportster model stock pipes, Jardine, Harley Screaming Eagle muffler, MAC, Raask, etc). The mods are all documented here along with the recommonded changes in carb jetting. You can get new shocks from Progressive to improve the rear suspension or replace the shocks with struts to make a hard tail. Of course you can modify/replace the fenders. Someone here sometime back installed a giant 9" (23cm) headlight. There's basically no limits to this bikes ability to be adapted. Your best bet is to decide what sort of changes you want to make and then read the site to determine the best way to make those changes. Read read read. We're all here to help if you need it.

IP Logged
sandrino
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/24/09 at 01:28:37

but some of the changes through

IP Logged
ineclipse

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/24/09 at 01:35:01

The "search" function here is lacking in ease of use. If you mean you're looking for the instructions on how to make those mods the best i can suggest is to read until your eyes bleed. Some of the best modifications were entered here years ago. To start with exhaust options...do you just want it to be louder?

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #8 - 04/24/09 at 02:32:06

You could try http://www.bikepics.com/, and select the Savage. On that site you will see many Savages, as well as the different mods done to them. Once you see what you like, and wish to do to your bike; you can come back here and get help. There are many step by step threads that will show you how a mod is done. All the best to you in your adventure.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 04/24/09 at 13:32:06

Chopper it by fitting loooooooong ass forks ... and bob it by fitting limp thingy tail light and hacking off the fender. Then fit drag bars and ride away.
Yea pipe, carb work ... that ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #10 - 04/24/09 at 14:01:25

srinath wrote on 04/24/09 at 13:32:06:
Chopper it by fitting loooooooong ass forks ... and bob it by fitting limp thingy tail light and hacking off the fender. Then fit drag bars and ride away.
Yea pipe, carb work ... that ...
Cool.
Srinath.

wonder what a limp thingy tail light looks like exactly... or not... no never mind

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 04/24/09 at 14:15:56

sandrino wrote on 04/24/09 at 00:04:13:
I just wanted advice on what type and how to change exhaust and other platforms

The problem is, what we'll recommend is easy for us to get.
Are there Harley shops there?  will they hand over used parts for little or no cost?
Dyna exhaust with no cross over.

By platforms do you mean foot boards?

For each of these, someone has done the work for you, seek and yee will find.

WWW   IP Logged
sandrino
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 04/24/09 at 14:29:40

thanks to all for the answers if you want you can send photos of the savage thanks so much

IP Logged
sandrino
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 04/26/09 at 01:34:48

no one has various photos

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 04/26/09 at 07:39:01

Jay wrote on 04/24/09 at 02:32:06:
You could try http://www.bikepics.com/, and select the Savage. On that site you will see many Savages, as well as the different mods done to them. Once you see what you like, and wish to do to your bike; you can come back here and get help. There are many step by step threads that will show you how a mod is done. All the best to you in your adventure.

Sandrino, check www.bikepics.com. You may find some good ideas there.
Almost all people on this forum live in America. They are 6-8 hours behind us. Patience, my friend.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 09:34:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › consigliatemi

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.