Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Stupid moment, you'll laugh. (Read 362 times)
speedingman

Take'n it one day at
a time

Re: Stupid moment, you'll laugh.
Reply #15 - 04/25/09 at 12:52:52

When i first bought mine it was my first and i did not know about the saftey switch so when i went to ride it i could not figure it out i almost didnt buy the bike until i called a friend and he told me to put the stand up, lol. I thought something was wrong with the clutch, lol. Learned alot since then.

WWW   IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/26/09 at 15:09:37

Disabling the kickstand safety is simple. Follow the wires and up under the saddle you will find a green two pole connecter. Cut the wires about 3 inches from the connecter and strip the ends to twist them together and solder.  Coat with liquid tape or just wrap then in insulating tape and put the connecter back in.
Job done.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #17 - 04/26/09 at 21:19:05

Serowbot wrote on 04/24/09 at 17:05:47:
I get a brainfart every once in a while, usually at just the wrong time, where I'm trying to accelerate and for some reason, I downshift instead of upshift.  I almost know i'm doing it as I'm doing it, but I do it anyway... happens about once every 6 months.... very embarrassing...
The biker equivalent of tripping over your own foot.... Huh

I did that today in fact.  The Honda has a heel-toe shifter (which I love so much that I'm going to rig one up on the Savage).  Every now and then I forget which end to stomp on to shift up.  I seem to do it a lot getting on the freeway!  Shocked  I really don't do it too much on the Savage much though.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 04/27/09 at 11:48:13

Phelonius wrote on 04/26/09 at 15:09:37:
Disabling the kickstand safety is simple. Follow the wires and up under the saddle you will find a green two pole connecter. Cut the wires about 3 inches from the connecter and strip the ends to twist them together and solder.  Coat with liquid tape or just wrap then in insulating tape and put the connecter back in.
Job done.

Phelonius

Certainly if your mind is made up then go ahead.  But an easy way to do this would be to use one of those wire tap plastic thingy's that you press a plate with a slit in it over the wires.  To reverse, just take off the splice.

WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #19 - 04/27/09 at 12:49:23

Those plastic thingys aren't really meant to withstand the elements that the bottom side of a bike are going to put against it. If you are splicing with room to spare off of the connector, then you should have enough room to re-connect it if you need.

I wouldn't just use tape or whatever else... Find yourself a good soldering connector and heat shrink tubing or something.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 01:40:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stupid moment, you'll laugh.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.