Send Topic Print
carb question (Read 144 times)
jake d
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

carb question
04/21/09 at 15:50:45

i bought lancer's jet set,and i have a k&n airfilter,was wondering what set up you guys are running,as in main jet and number of spacers?

IP Logged
PTRider

Re: carb question
Reply #1 - 04/21/09 at 19:02:02

I'm running the idle mixture screw 1/4 turn in from where it is so rich the engine slows...turn slowly counterclockwise until the engine runs great, then runs slower, then turn the screw back in a 1/4 turn from the last point it ran the best.

I have about 1.5mm of spacers on the needle.

I'm using a 150 main jet.

I have the stock intake & exhaust.  I don't think the K&N air filter element makes any difference except possibly when very clean at 100% throttle and high rpms, so the 150 main should cover that...if not, try one size bigger, but give the 150 a try.  No intake gizmo makes any difference when the throttle is doing its job when part open--ya gott'a be wide open and high rpms to max-out the air flow in the intake.  I'm not a K&N fan anyway; I think they pass more dirt than a stock filter and pass much less air when dirty than stock with an equal amount of dirt.

IP Logged
NewThumperGuy

Lets Ride!!!!

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - 04/22/09 at 11:16:55

Jake, sure you have found from reading the threads that each bike is a little different. My 97 has the K&N cone and a SE II exhaust. I have 3 #4 washers on the needle, OEM pilot and I too am runnin the 150 main. I did have the 152.5 main in and the top end was great, should have left it in but she's running great now and really dont need the speed. Hope this helps a little.  Smiley

97 LS650 T
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #3 - 04/22/09 at 11:41:06

I'm running no spacer, 152.5 main, 55 pilot with bleed holes and 3/4" turn out on the mixture screw.  I'm at 900ft elevation with yearly average humdity of 63% although monthly average humidity this time of year is around 78%.  I was using the 155 main but went back to the 152.5 main.

IP Logged
jake d
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/22/09 at 16:21:19

Hey Jim,what kind of air filter are you using?

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #5 - 04/22/09 at 17:58:46

jake d wrote on 04/22/09 at 16:21:19:
Hey Jim,what kind of air filter are you using?

It's a quasi velocity stack intake that is composed of a K&N filter on the end of the stock tube with an internal honeycomb screen designed to the specs of the screens used in wind tunnels to decrease air turbulence/increase air velocity.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 15:23:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › carb question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.