Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2003 Savage Muffler Whistle (Read 110 times)
kenjj2
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

NY
2003 Savage Muffler Whistle
04/17/09 at 19:13:27

Hey All,
Bought a 2003 savage in 2005 with aprox 3000 miles used in great shape from my brother, He bought it to take his road test then after a year or so I bought it to take my Road Test.
  Anyway somewhere around 4k\K Miles Muffler developed a whistle, Found to be a faulty muffler. I changed the muffler to a Jardine Slash Cut. Whistle was Gone. After A while Though Decided That Jardine Was A Little Louder Than I Like. So Somewhere Around Approx 5K Miles I Purchased A New Stock Muffler, Quiet Again And Still No Whistle.
Just before I Put Her Away In The Fall This Muffler Started That Same Whistle.LOL Called My Local Dealer They Said that this is typical for that bike. does suzuki have a problem with this muffler?? Is there a Muffler Out There A little louder than stock but not as harsh as a Jardine ? Need help with options for mufflers for this bike...any help would be great........

Kenny

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Re: 2003 Savage Muffler Whistle
Reply #1 - 04/17/09 at 19:19:24

I've heard the HD Dyna slip-on muffler on one other bike in person... It was nice, but not too loud.

I just did the diamond jim exhaust mod... Which is pretty much a low budget (and not bigger from the header pipe down) Raask pipe. 1 3/4" exhaust pipe, bend to make it come out straight with a baffle installed.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #2 - 04/19/09 at 13:32:28

Yep, that whislte.... like an old VW bug.   Pretty much common.

Harley Dyna muffler is nice, slightly deeper sound and still quite.  And you can almost get away without re-jetting the carb.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #3 - 04/19/09 at 23:20:49

Mine just started to whistle recently too, it gets old after a while.  New muffler is definitely on the list.  You say the Dyna muffler doesn't require a drastic jetting change?  I probably need some carb tweaks anyway, I've got the midrange surge to get rid of.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/20/09 at 14:44:45

The adjustment screw helps alot, but spend the $ and get a rejet kit, it really helps the performance throughout the whole power range.   does Lancer still sell them?

I put on a screaming eagle turnout and the only baffle it had was a perforated sheet of metal diagonal across the flow.  Too much of a good thing for me. I got a $10 baffle on ebay, then opened it up until I had a good sound.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:26:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2003 Savage Muffler Whistle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.