Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carb connections (Read 129 times)
PTRider

Carb connections
04/13/09 at 20:41:40

I removed the carb without removing the tank.  Two 5mm pieces of hose connect to each side of the top of the carb; they don't have hose clamps.  They're #23 in Greg's diagram.  Of course, the hoses fell off, and I can't see what they connect to.  Can anyone send me in the right direction to reconnect these at their top ends?  If I need to remove the tank, or lift it part way, what's the easiers way to do that?

(My Savage runs a bit rough at part throttle, kind'a like water in the gas altho the gas is good.  I'm going to experiment with the jet needle spacer.  It runs OK at very light throttle and at full throttle.)

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Carb connections
Reply #1 - 04/13/09 at 21:07:02

They're called vent hoses.  they stick up into the frame.

WWW   IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #2 - 04/14/09 at 07:15:40

Thanks

IP Logged
mikesbiatch
YaBB Newbies

I *heart* my Savage!

Olean, NY
Reply #3 - 04/26/09 at 19:28:09

Hello, I've got a question too,

We just picked up an '86 savage that is in need of some TLC.The issue we are facing now is it will run at idle with choke full ON, will not allow any throttle movement without coughing out. Will not stay idling without choke in full on position. We cleaned carb carefully and thoroughly, now the vacuum hose that opens the fuel petcock seems to pressure up and blow off!! CRAZY

Any input would be great,Thanks

Mike       Huh

My Bikes:
1986 Suzuki Savage
1974 Yamaha TX 500
mikesonlybitch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 04/26/09 at 20:28:35

mikesbiatch wrote on 04/26/09 at 19:28:09:
We just picked up an '86 savage that is in need of some TLC.The issue we are facing now is it will run at idle with choke full ON, will not allow any throttle movement without coughing out. Will not stay idling without choke in full on position. We cleaned carb carefully and thoroughly, now the vacuum hose that opens the fuel petcock seems to pressure up and blow off!! CRAZY

How many miles?
Noisey?
I'd recommend checking the cam chain adjuster just to be sure, see the tech section.

WWW   IP Logged
matt_savage

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 04/27/09 at 07:53:56

I had a similar issue, mine would start with the choke full on, and some throttle assistance.  Within a few seconds it would start to sputter but would rev when given throttle.  I changed the vac hose so that was new as well as the fuel hose was new.  When I finally gave up and did a full on overhaul, the problem ended up being rust flakes clogging the stock petcock.  There was a decent amount of rust built up in my fuel tank and there was some rust flakes built up in the bottom screen of the petcock impeeding fuel flow.  It barely trickled fuel when the fuel hose was disconnected to the carb and the petcock was switched to prime.  I switched to a raptor petcock and plugged the vac port in the carb.  If you look at a raptor petcock the fuel draw tube is much better than our stock petcock and has a screen 360* around the draw tube, both normal and reservoir tubes.  Runs like a top now and no sputtering whatsoever.  HTH anyone with a sputtering or poorly running condition.

-matt

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 15:25:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb connections

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.