Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Left hand switch assembly (Read 52 times)
AngloSaxon

I'd rather have one
big one than four
small ones.

Framingham MA
Left hand switch assembly
04/13/09 at 08:53:28

This is just an FYI for anyone who delves into the left hand switch module. I needed to fix the horn button on my Savage. The horn itself was fine, but as the bike was left out in all weathers for approx two years there were issues with the horn button. The problem with the horn button turned out to be the continuity between the spring and the button contacts. The spring is actually part of the circuit, so at both ends of the spring where it contacts the copper parts of the switch, it needs to be clean. I made out okay with some wire dryer spray. However, during the work, I decided to clean the contact for the lights. Beware, there is a little (tiny) spring that applies constant pressure to the contact plate. This spring needs to be in place to get a good contact. I lost my spring and then forgot about it. Consequently, when I reassembled the switch module my lights didn't work. Don't let it happen to you. If you don't have to get at those contacts, do bother. It's a real PITA to get the spring and contact plate back together again.

As yet, a Bog Standard '87 with a big arse Harley muffler.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Left hand switch assembly
Reply #1 - 04/13/09 at 16:58:41

Thats good info, thanks. I hope I never need it, for sure.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 21:37:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Left hand switch assembly

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.